ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4M Roadster

56fc5c3fb3fc3af3bbd8638557ee6196.jpg

And thankfully it came with an a5 card of instructions on how to plug in a 3.5mm jack and play music from an iPod @TheEvilGiraffe

aa593a1bf2258451773d31f3401a353b.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Did any of the Zeds have Nav, or any sort of double DIN radio ?!

I've got to treat myself to an Eonon unit soon I think..

* looks like the Nav is on top of the IP. That blows that idea. Derp.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Don't bother. Quality is massively variable from what I've read, support is s**t. Given that you can buy decent touch screen units from parrot etc for similar money, proven tech with decent support, its pointless buying those type of units.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Don't bother. Quality is massively variable from what I've read, support is s**t. Given that you can buy decent touch screen units from parrot etc for similar money, proven tech with decent support, its pointless buying those type of units.

I want a parrot unit, just haven't had the balls to buy one yet. I aldo have some old dodgy hands free kit I'd have to strip out that's currently hidden, god knows how that was done but that scares me too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Nav is indeed on top, and there are some cracking systems you can buy to have full control and visual on the screen etc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ooh. Nice one... Thanks Brown Bear !

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Dave bought one for his Mazda. Works in exact same way as my HU. Shane it didn't work with the BOSE system!

Fitted at the weekend bar needing a different screw without a washer on it.

6c2bc8dd95fa25e0febe05a3bac6320c.jpg

3ec3d5b5743761308e782575b9c887db.jpg

First thing played; Mike and the Mechanics Greatest Hits '98!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I bet there are little frizzy ginger pubes all round that knob now....

So a few updates to this.

I've finally booked in to have the wheels refurbed @TheEvilGiraffe . They're a state and had had a "blow over" before I picked the car up, so the faces look OK, but the backs never clean up due to lacquer over mud... real clever. Booked into Premier Alloys at a really decent price (sub £300) after a good chat about the Z4 and M3Cutters forums. Opting for their Mercury Silver as it's more stand out (to be confirmed on arrival). I can leave the car with them and pick up the following Saturday too. I've also bought 10mm rear and 12mm front spacers to bring the wheels out a wee bit more based on the following photo;
Z4M_1_zpsb5acf7b9.gif

Next up, I won a set of soft top covers on eBay. These are no longer made and sets usually come up without a bag. Most will laugh at adding these manual items onto an electric roof'd car, but they really look superb in person and help with wind noise.

The covers;
DSC_0183_zpsmp5zoy32.jpg

Fitted onto another member's car;
20150504_195533_zpsrbskzwkw.jpg

I also had a nice little fight with my car last night. The passenger side headlight washer jet cover has never sat right. So set about trying to find out why. I knew the car had had a front end respray and as I started to remove parts, realised it was likely it just hadn't been put back together correctly. I had to cut the heads off a few of the expanding plastic rivets due to improper re-fitment, realigned the incorrectly "shoved" cylinder and then also realised the bumper insert to wing connection was also broken. So put back together and looks fine (at least the jet hat sits neatly), ordered up some new bits and have the whole of Sunday to clean it and reassemble properly.
The broken attachment;
8B2B92E9-2EDC-407F-8ADC-FF3D6E7C40FE_zpsnwgsyq4v.jpg

How it should look;
51117165179-1.jpg

And a photo of the cylinder - the bottom struts were on top of their holding placements, effectively angling the rising jet strut into the bumper rather than through the opening... difficult to explain and/or take photos;
P1000166b.jpg

This Sunday I'm going to give the engine bay a going over + the exhausts too. Aiming to get it looking immaculate by Silverstone Classics at the end of July. The final pieces of the puzzle and, sadly, the most expensive are new brake disks. Mine are very lipped and corroded (taken into account when purchased). Circa £600 for the disks all round should see me right.

Let us know how the wheels come out please, I still need to get mine done, but no one can match the colour.
Will do, Craig. Only read good things about Premier (Redhill if you do a search) from the M3Cutters guys, where as even the "legendary" Lepsons have a few bad threads on that forum.
How're you mate?

Do one.

You need to come this way one day when the weather isn't terrible, as your avatar is properly shite and needs updating with a half decent photo. (and you generally need some half decent pics of it).

Agreeded. Kind hospitality at TEGs house coupled with a very nice beverage.

I'll be over again soon for s***s and giggles. Perhaps a run out somewhere?

Bunch of spammers, the lot of you.

So I managed to f**k up a fairly simple mod - @Waitey knew this would happen. There were no instructions, so iFailed. I've sheared a strut top hat bolt while refitting the poorly fitted strut brace (wrong tools, not on a flat surface, done with a beer in hand on a sunny Friday evening after work... not the ideal conditions). @Rob managed to fit it fine on Saturday - I thought it'd be best to check the bolts when I got home from @TheEvilGiraffe 's and torque'd it too far...

Part 1 from this;

31331096664_ETK.jpg

To be honest, it catches the bonnet slightly and was more to "complete" the engine bay, so will be going back to the original covers I bought for it.

It's going in to my local trusted place up North on Thursday to have new ones fitted and back to original bolts. Then in for a full Geo setup when I'm back from the Lakes next week.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I still can't believe you went and did more tightening!

We did them up, drove, tightened, bounced it up and down, tightened. No need for any more!

At least it'll be sorted soon enough