ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4M Roadster

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I passed an 06 one same colour as yours on the M1. The fucker driving it looked just like you.

Weird.

Since someone has a GoPro on the Zed forum, and the same engine/IC setup as me, I thought I'd post their video as I've failed at doing my own...
Z4M with the Gruppe M IC;

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nice. I was toying with the idea of an exhaust, but it really doesn't need it! Have similar feelings about CSL wheels...quite like the oem wheels.

Nice. I was toying with the idea of an exhaust, but it really doesn't need it! Have similar feelings about CSL wheels...quite like the oem wheels.
I think they suit the Coupe, not the Roadster. I really like the ApexArc8 wheels... a more squared off CSL...

More parts ordered...
Yearned after this part for months. Saw it on the forum when I first bought my car and noted mine didn't have an Aux plug. Spoke to @Rob about it and decided, as it appeared these were no longer made, I might have to do some drilling and position the input underneath the dash for tidiness reasons. This does away with that need and nicely links the position of my phone holder and direction of my 12V plug socket/charger, with an OEM part. Should be an easy fit part as well;
82110142174.jpg

attachment.jpg

And then something again more from forum hype... an F10 M5 illuminated gear knob. Small, thicker, been in a forum guys car with it fitted and hated the feel of mine on the journey back from Putney. Easy switch around and doesn't lose the illuminated function.

photo52.jpg

Z4 on the left, M5 on the right. I'll just be swapping over the knobs, rather than the full "better leather" gaitor, as no-one has perfected the fit so far... a la;
photo29.jpg

After this, I think it'll be Aero Skirts and that's it. New brakes will be on order early next year, dependent on driving. In the meantime, it's just roof down enjoyment!

Damn you. Didn't even want aero skirts. Until now.

Lol. Group buy likely to go ahead. I've already got a decent amount off from the stealers.

Stood looking at a parked one exactly the same as yours today. God I want one so badly.

I still love it. And dad does too. Useable power, great sound, soft top which in the current weather is just brilliant!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
This had made me decide I deffo need some roof off action. To make sure I do it I've just sent my plate retention document off. No going back now!

Reactions: JD

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is the gaitor not part of the gear knob, as per the e46? As much as I liked the standard illumination, ditched it for a stormwerks knob. Big improvement, the weight of the knob makes a surprising difference.

Reactions: JD

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You don't happen to want an Indoor and Outdoor covers for it do you. I just so happen to know someone whos got two to sell.

@Cub. @Sir_Dave cool club points :wink:
@BIFCAIDS thanks Mike but I'm all good buddy! Hope you're well?
@ForceIndia the F10 is attached with three tabs that you remove - the new knob is much Waitey'er than the standard by all accounts and believe, from people who have done it, it's just pull off and replace (cue the TIDL black eye thread post...).

Gearknob turned up and parted it from the gaitor. Colleague in the US is coming over with the Aux input in his suitcase so that'll arrive just in time for a week on my lonesome week on Monday...

111685054ad9ca039eb8409817631fd5.jpg

Lonesome week?

Steak?

Plan! Different place. The actual steak wasn't great.

Loving the illuminated. Wish I'd gone for it sort of. Not sure. Maybe.

Steak you say?

Yeah I wanted a more weighted, shorter knob but oem+. No point going zhp as for nearly the same cost you then have to mod it to keep the illumination.

@TheEvilGiraffe is after my old one. Unsure whether you could give him yours and you can have this illuminated one? Is it wired for it?

Knobs.

02fd6146b83cfc9e0642b1e0e51e12b7.jpg

b1d299fa421a19dc676765b2f998d7d5.jpg

9006a7829ce18017f7d5648b50b5207d.jpg

Surprising difference to the throw and feel. Better more even illumination and leather too. Took much less time than I was expecting too!