ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zennons

i see from your car description that you have a 53 sport 172 ?

so your car has zenons then, unless its not for your car ??

i have a shiny black 172, the deal is that my brother works for a parts company and says that they cost about 150 a pair for the full head lamp unit and bulbs, and i thought they were about a grand to buy and fit!!! that makes a hell of a profit for reno, we have a bet on it, so if any one knows the cost price of a pair!!!!!

You also need the xenon charging units, bolt on to the back of the headlight unit. I think the cost from renault is £350 +vat each for these but Im not sure.

Ford Fiesta

the full price of Xenons fiited to a clio without them is £500 including VAT, from Renault dealors, its listed in the brochure.

Liam

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

The headlamps themselves are fairly cheap to buy its the computer/regulator thing that costs the wedge. AFAIK it constantly alters the lights while driving depending on speed etc.

Nissan Jewk

no, i got a mk1 172 and i aint got xenons. got some funky bulbs though, look similar to the effect you get from xenons

VaVa

Do a search m8, this has been covered a few times.... Although the price for Xenons from a dealer is £500 as an optional extra, to retro-fit would cost a great deal..... I think Jay (renault tech) priced up the parts etc and estimated it would cost over £1500.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 27 May 2004
the full price of Xenons fiited to a clio without them is £500 including VAT, from Renault dealors, its listed in the brochure.Liam

As an option when you buy the car maybe, As Jay172 said (who works for renault) it will cost you ~ £2000 total.

3 Series xdrive

Just had to buy a new headlight unit for my Clio182 from renault £160+vat £200 for a flippin headlamp unit......ouch

dk

911 GTS Cab

what have you been doing to your 182 daz, new windscreen, new headlight? Youve only had it 2 months

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by daz182 on 27 May 2004

Just had to buy a new headlight unit for my Clio182 from renault £160+vat £200 for a flippin headlamp unit......ouch
Daz what the f**k are you doing to your car !!!!

Did you win it on C4s distraction and get lots of questions wrong or something !!!

On another thread you have had your windscreen replaced and on here its a headlight unit !!! :eek:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 27 May 2004

the full price of Xenons fiited to a clio without them is £500 including VAT, from Renault dealors, its listed in the brochure.

Liam
i think you will find that xenon lights are a £700 factory fit optional item, to retro fit (as has been said before) is mega bucks!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 27 May 2004

Did you win it on C4s distraction and get lots of questions wrong or something !!!

On another thread you have had your windscreen replaced and on here its a headlight unit !!! :eek:
hah, beat you to it;)

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 27 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 27 May 2004

hah, beat you to it;)
Sod :D

But your 19 words would be quicker to post than my 41 ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

btw, love the distraction analogy, i love that program, smashing up a mini, what a great feeling that would be!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Distraction is funny as hell.The fact the runner up gets to wreck the prize he could of won but never did is genious !! Bittersweet springs to mind.

On one the winners Dad had to do the smashing up and on another they made the winner do it himself and he had to spray "I love dogging" on the side !!! :D

3 Series xdrive

Funkyjahooner....

read the other thread and you will see y winscreen and headlight needed replaced

Ford Fiesta

dave182, I got the price from the new Renault brochure (April 2004) brochure part number 7701380275 just says Xenon double optic headlamps with auto height adjustment and wash £425.53 + £74.47 VAT = £500.00 fitted. They must have brought the price down a bit then?

Liam

dk

911 GTS Cab

AFAIK they are still a £700 factory option on the clio and megane (even the 225 RS Megane).

That is unless they have changed it, maybe someone will be able to confirm?

Ford Fiesta

does the megane RS not come with them standard then? You would hope so for £19500 wouldnt you.