ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zymol Starter Pack

Skoda Fabia vRS

got one on the way !.........carbon/vinyl pack....

i shall be reporting the results as soon as its here an the weather gives me a chance to use it.........

id like to point out this pack is being sent to me free of charge......courtesy of the guys at http://www.sportscarworld.nethttp://www.sportscarworld.net

spoke to them today, and they give top customer service, couldnt help me enough with my questions........

Mr2 Roadster

Glad you got it free, my car would have to give me better sex to get products costing that much... Horray for rain...

I really really want to clean my car and polish and lock the shine in.. but its sunny now - i know itll rain in about 20mins..

GR7

Shiny red R32

BRUN

Could you please put in a good word for the rest of the ClioSport members? ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

i tried hehe, there under strict contract with Zymol

you know what im like though if i like somethin, i never shut up about it, hes just got himself an advert really as im sure there stuff will be good, the other stuff of theres i have used is very good

Alfa Mito 155TB

My partner is buying a streetka....seen it in the ford compound and the finish on the paint is shockings...i am in two camps whether to use the meguires 3 stages stuff i already have or go for the zymol concours stuff for £180

i look forward to reading the results on others zymolling their cars

Skoda Fabia vRS

well if you already have it mate.........go for the meguairs........though the Zymol is supposed to be very very good........i will let you know how it turns out

apparently the HD-Cleanse smells of chocolate

I used the titanium wax, nothing better. I also tried for a discount but they gave me the bit about being a re-seller, I only use there products on my car now. Took me 6 hours to do the three stages but u only need to do it once a year, I can clean my car with just water now and get a show room finish.

All the products are natural and stage 2 hd-cleane comes off with cold water and a sponge not like other products I have used which bleach the plastic.

Customer service is great you can instant chat with them on-line if you have any problem. If its a long question they call you back not problem.

I chose titanium over contour wax because its a tougher wax for everyday use, I have done my interior and wheels with there products, they are better than anything else I have tried. I am going to enter pics of my motor in the "just waxed" comp they do every month, if you win u get £100 of there products and no renault has won so far.

I brought the starter pack a while back and was suitably impressed by the quality and content. Didnt think it was worth the extra over the meguiars until i tried it on my mondeo. The plastic wing mirrors had faded in colour and there were scratches etc. being an older car anyway it brought it up like glass - superb.

I think the clio being new and very clean! didnt benifit that much but if the car is in need of some TLC then the difference is very noticable.

Warren.

Skoda Fabia vRS

sounds good to me mate

the thing is though with the Zymol, it will protect the car better than other stuff, so if you use it on 172 then it will stay lookin perfect........every time you apply the wax its about 6microns thick.....the more you apply it the thicker that wax coating gets......

oh......an ive been informed there moving servers soon, and the correct URL is this one

>>>>> http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.ukwww.sportscarworld.ltd.uk <<<<<

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea loads of waxs have that effect, but they dont last very long and dont bring out as good a shine as what ive seen Zymol do !

autopia.org is a great site - but because its American they have all these weird and wonderful waxes..

Beading is not a good indication of wax proctection. Beading is a sign of high surface tension.

A brand new car straight from the factory with no wax on at all will bead water due to the paints high surface tension.

For the money you wont be able to beat P21S (same as S100) from serious performance. £16 for the wax, £10 for the polish. Sure it doesnt smell of coconut, but hey, who cares...

For those of you interested in Zymöl, its worth searching the autopia forums about the range. It may well open your eyes, especially when you read about the guy who bought the $1500 wax for his ferrari. Zymol certainly has a good spin on "feeding your paint" and "letting your paint breathe" - how the hell can your paint breathe if its under 2mm of clear coat? Makes interesting reading.

However if youre happy with zymol, perhaps its best you dont search ;-)

Face

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

correct a true sign of how good a wax is tha it dont bead it sheets.

MaLicE

well for you all avid polishers out there, dont know if its any good but Maplin have got their car polisher on half price at mo (£15) could save a lot of elbow work, cat. no = N94AR

Skoda Fabia vRS

thanks mate ill have a look, though they dont advise you use one of those with the Zymol for some reason...

also with regards to beading...........ALL waxes will bead depending on how the water has come to be on the car, if its only light rain then no matter what you use it will always bead.......shove the hose pipe on it, and most good polishs/waxs will sheet most of the water off

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If you want to get really technical, beading can also be caused by low levels of surface tension.

it is such that the tension of the water bead is what is holding it together, as you can see on the above pictures the big bits of water have run off the car in all apart from the very flat bit in the middle.

put your teflon frying pan on your kitchen stove and pore some water or oil in and see what I mean.

ps. dont have the frying pan on while you are doing this.. and especially dont have it on if you put wate in it.. hot oil and water dont mix well..

Skoda Fabia vRS

hehe

bad news though, its not coming today as i thought, my sponge, wheel cleaner, and wheel coat did though :)

the kit is comin tomorrow

Get them to throw in tyre preserve for u, much better than the autoglym product and u can use it on all your rubber and plastic trim.