ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm seriously starting to consider the Pixel xl. It just looks cheap imo. I'm not a fan of the Black or Silver. Slate grey with the iphone would look much better imo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If anyone is selling a 6p give me a shout. Has to be 64gb really due to lack of SD card! Maybe give one a try before deciding what to do.

Spent a long time with an S7 edge recently also... what a phone. Strip it back a bit with the battery hogging s**t and it's a cracking thing. Camera is a leader!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well my note 4 died. In having a new motherboard foc. To be honest I'll probably stick with it for a while. I was playing with the S7 and S7 edge. Not a phone for me. I'm waiting to get hands on with the pixel.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is thIs pixel phone easy to use? Coming from an iPhone for the past few years and trying an experia s/z or whatever it was and failing. Wondering wether I should just get an iPhone 6s/7.

Usage. Interwebz, txt and calls. Needs to be easily used by special people too

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is thIs pixel phone easy to use? Coming from an iPhone for the past few years and trying an experia s/z or whatever it was and failing. Wondering wether I should just get an iPhone 6s/7.

Usage. Interwebz, txt and calls. Needs to be easily used by special people too
Just typical android mate so if you didn't get on with android as an OS, then you probably won't like the pixel either.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's here!

IMG_20161020_173250.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
One thing i have noticed is that the volume button is a tad loose, so it rattles a bit.

I'll see how it goes, no doubt will be fine with a case on. Otherwise i'll contact Google.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Love google support. If you've bought direct it's 2 years warranty, they just send you a replacement within a couple of days, you get it, swap phones, send yours back and happy days. They do hold a charge against your bank account though during the period you're returning it, but that makes sense so can't complain.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
When I had the camera issue with my 6p I emailed them and within minutes was speaking to someone from America who told me that if I'd have bought it direct then my replacement wounhve been with me in a couple of days without any questions.

They couldn't do anything as I got it on contract but it's made me really consider buying direct next time.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They're excellent. Had nothing but problems with my old 6 and they just swapped them out every time (was a great phone, just s**t build quality). Then even fully refunded me outside the timeframe after my third one so I could buy the 6P for less than the cost of the 6 refund.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Does this seem a s**t deal, does to me but maybe i expect too much

First off i get 20% loyality with EE

128gb Iphone 6s
Unlimited calls, txts and 20gb of data.
£20 Contribution for the phone

£45 a month.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Or for the 32bg in the

6s £36 a month
7 £40 a month

They want 30 contribution for both. Every year they try for a contribution and yet to get one lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Free handset, with ee direct?

Just seen the voucher code.

Can't see a better deal for the 7 with 20gb of data and 40 a month for me.

I do laugh they want a 20/30 contribution off me though

Had my OnePLus 3 for a few weeks now, got it at the start of my trips abroad as I wanted something with a better camera and better battery life than I was getting with the OP2.

Loving it so far, quick charge is epic, battery lasts forever, stock ROM is great and everything is running nice. Glad I didn't bother waiting for the Pixel, costs are just rediculous.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just typical android mate so if you didn't get on with android as an OS, then you probably won't like the pixel either.

The same issue I have. My works phone (in various guises) has been Android and I just can't get on with it. The phones - in particular the higher-end ones are very good pieces of kit. If I could just get iOS on one these and it work as flawlessly as my iPhones have - I'd be happy!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Had my Nexus 6P since Monday but I've still not fully swapped over from my 5 yet as I'm having issues with my Phillips Hue lighting. My whole house lighting is controlled from my phone but the app constantly crashes on the 6P. I've emailed the developer hoping that they can sort it out.

The phone is brilliant though and the camera is much better than the 5. Can't comment on battery yet as I'm not using it properly yet

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Had my Nexus 6P since Monday but I've still not fully swapped over from my 5 yet as I'm having issues with my Phillips Hue lighting. My whole house lighting is controlled from my phone but the app constantly crashes on the 6P. I've emailed the developer hoping that they can sort it out.

The phone is brilliant though and the camera is much better than the 5. Can't comment on battery yet as I'm not using it properly yet

Got a reply within 15 minutes and my issue is now sorted. Can now fully switch over to my new phone :)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Don't know if serious ^^^
But I cut one of mine to fit my s6 and it's all fine?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thought this was interesting. Over 3 hours to charge a phone fully these days? Seemed like there was something wrong.