ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£10k to spend. 197?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
New car this spring with about £10k to spend, No more than insurance group 17.

Short list so far issss:
-197 on an 08 plate.
-Honda s2000 gt (hard top)
-Focus ST3
-Astra Vxr
-Maaaaybe a JCW Mini.. Havent decided how ..you know.. it would make me look =/

Thoughts?
Suggestions??
Thanks

Audi TT 3.2
i know its not on your list but what about a megane F1?
but from your list i would have the astra VXR

Titanium 182
S2000 / ST3 - they look comfy !

I would get a cheaper 197 if you want one mate, unless you go for an R27.

SQ5
1*2, ITB's/LPT Coilovers, Brakes, Stripped, Buckets, Harness and rollcage. Just my opinion though ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
standard seats in rs are imo are more comfortable and sit you lower than the recaros. recaors look pretty though. well unitl they wear out... :/

Other than a being a newer faster car, what do you want from it? Do you want something tuneable or will you leave it standard? Do you need to be able to get anything partciular in it? etc etc

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I know you're only young mate, I think you may regret spending 10k on a car when you come to want to buy a house/have a deposit. Since it will be your first quick car I would buy something cheaper. Maybe go for a 182 for 5k and if it feels you lacking get something else.

An S2000 is about group 20 (I think) Tbh though i'd not worry about the group, try a price on one you maybe surprised ! Not all gropu 20 cars cost a load to insure.

A mk1 FRS is group 16E. I still like them a lot (and they are rare) out of the lot they still hold their value, even today.

Honda & VW
if insurance is an issue Audi S3 or Leon Cupra - both highly tunable and insurance is very good especially on the Audi

Ph1
Why does it have to be no more than group 17?

''Expected'' high cost of insurance above this? or is there a spacific reason?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Why does it have to be no more than group 17?

''Expected'' high cost of insurance above this? or is there a spacific reason?
Pretty much expected, group 17 seems to give quotes of <£1200 ish.

Basically, I want small-ish car (not a saloon or anything), Fast, Handles well, Usable on a daily basis, and a better quality interior than a 1*2.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
s2000 is the only one of those i would want, my friend has one and its amazing. If i had 10k to spend and running costs wernt an issue id get an evo all day long, but i would definitely lose my license or probably kill myself in it lol.

Keep the clio and get a track car for some real fun :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1281909.htm

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
New car this spring with about £10k to spend, No more than insurance group 17.

Short list so far issss:
-197 on an 08 plate.
-Honda s2000 gt (hard top)
-Focus ST3
-Astra Vxr
-Maaaaybe a JCW Mini.. Havent decided how ..you know.. it would make me look =/

Thoughts?
Suggestions??
Thanks

DC5. Forget the S2000.

Italian 3.2 V6
as i have already said, seriously look into a 3MPS, awesome car and dirt cheap! will outrun any of them cars and easyly tunable to 300bhp! brillant all round car!! you can buy a 2007 one with about 30k on the clock for under 10k easly!

standard figures!
60-100mph = 8.2sec6nds
0-100mph = 14.3secs!!