ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£185 for engine coolant? Advice please

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hey guys, mot time next week. She'll be four years old come october so the fluids require changing.

I have been quoted £185 for the coolant and £81 for the brake fluid from my renault garage, seems very steep for the coolant?

Does any one know if this work can be carried out by my brother who is a mechanic? If so how! Or any one off here :)

cheers

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
there's plenty of people on here who could do it for you at a fraction of the price from renault. is it for a v6 i presume?

idiot i've answered my own question.

you can buy the coolant yourself from a motor factor (GSF), and that will also cut down your costs.

Last edited:
  BG 182
Not trying to 'dis' your brother, But if he's a good mechanic, Wouldn't he already know how to do it???

Titanium 182
Not trying to 'dis' your brother, But if he's a good mechanic, Wouldn't he already know how to do it???

Its different on different cars and v6's are rare so its doubtfull he's done one before. Not to mention the fact the engine is in the wrong place ! ;)

But I'm sure he could figure it out if you let him have a go magpie.

Draining a radiator is draining a radiator, unless it's a bugatti lol.

I'm sure your brother will be able to do it no bother!

Shhh
I imagine it would be something like,

Drain it all

Fill with hose pipe

Drain it again

Fill it again

Drain it again

Flushing more of it out each time..

---------------

Refill...