ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£2k LY 182

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
I think LY is THE colour, closely followed by RB. I think it looks tidy other than the dodgy aerocatches.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG 182
I saw this earlier but the cat c did put me off fair enough they do write older cars off for the simplest things but any paint job in liquid yellow id be wary off

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
If its been painted which the front bumper shows will the match be good ?

We all know LY is a stunning colour but how well was it painted and does it stand out a mile ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searches for dislike button lol
Tbh when I was searching for a Clio I always wanted the RB! I looked at a few and they were all too tatty for me... So kept looking/waiting for a nice one

I only ever saw one ly before and I assumed it was a custom paint job.
Just so happened a ly popped up on PH while I was searching, then realised it was an actual factory colour! Lol
Bought it ASAP! [emoji41]

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally car colour is really important to me, I'd pay the premium in most cases, I tend to keep my cars for a long time, so if I'm going to buy, I'm gonna buy the colour I want.

LY is just such a unique and special colour.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There really are not many good ly 182s unless tucked away so will command a premium

I personally love ly and would love a low owner/mileage one

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I saw this earlier but the cat c did put me off fair enough they do write older cars off for the simplest things but any paint job in liquid yellow id be wary off

It depends on when it was classified Cat C, if it was made cat C when it was 6 months old then you're talking absolute mega damage, if it was classified cat c 6 weeks a go then it would have been very minor.

I'd say £2k is probably the right price for that.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  dan's cast offs.
The front wing doesn't match the door in 3rd pic. £2k though, it might still be worth a punt.

99% of the time it's due to the angle you look at it, titanium is the worst for this. it's the way the metallic sits on the plastic wing due to static.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
True, but if you know the car has had a repair any colour mismatch is going to play on your mind. And is not like LY is an easy or cheap colour to have done again!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Personally for me i would not be paying £2k for a CAT C Ly Clio.

Like its been said they colour is a nightmare to match and if its been done by someone who is just an average bodyshop and really don't take pride in there work there will could possibly be a handful of problems.
Colour Match Off.
Over Spray.
Poor Masking.
Stuff Not Fitted Correctly.
Nuts & Bolts Missing.

If sellers of LY clio's want to cash in on the LY Tax just like Trophy Owners do it would have to be spotless and have very good paint work and not be a CAT C imho

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If you search the reg it's been asked about in here in 2006... I guess it was repaired so well the owner decided to fk it off asap...

As said, it must have been a big boy shunt to right that off when the value was most likely still in the 9-10k area...

Mine needs a gear knob and that's made it cat d territory.