ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

“Charlotte” The 182 FF

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
My car has become a French villa and now has a swimming pool where the back seats were and the rear footwells. Think it’s a good thing as pools always increase the value, right?

I’m now going to be sealing every hole I can find with silicone to see if I can solve it.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Getting the car ready for Cadwell on Monday, taken the runner off the seat which was easy enough, took it out for a drive... misfire... excellent. These cars FML.

Going to take it for a run today and see if it clears, its not really turned a wheel since I got the XC90, the more adding of lightness later today and tomorrow.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
All ready for Caldwell tomorrow.

engine and gearbox oil changrd
Oil filter obvs
Wheels swapped

Off to collect a trailer later.

Mint.
IMG_5507.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Few from the track day, great day out car really performed well, enjoyed working on the setup as well was getting a lot of under steer at the start of the day, combination of over driving but too much air in the tyres and suspension too stuff didn’t help, by the afternoon felt loads better. I’ll be fitting PBS race pads for the next one.

Did one 20 lap stint once I worked out how to manage the brakes which was basically brake less.

Not sure I’ll do much more to the old girl now, maybe an LSD, as it did push on corner exit.

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5562.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5530.jpeg
IMG_5523.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
So, giving it some thought... plans are,

Add lightness - Going to remove as much weight as I can, door card, carpet, sound deadening etc all to come out.
LSD - I was losing quite a bit on corner exit but might wait as the gearbox performed well otherwise (maybe a winter job)
Wheels - Might look for another set of 15s that are a but wider, these are only 6.5 so will look for a 7 and some wider tyres.
Camber Shims on the back and better camber adjust on the front

Then I might look at lighter panels and glass

So when I say not much more I want to do, that was a lie.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Oh.. also I forgot to mention, I set on the sighting laps and went around the gooseneck and thought something had broken as there was a sliding noise followed by a loud thud... only on the second sighting lap did I realise I still had 40 litres of fuel in jerry cans sliding about in the back!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Oh.. also I forgot to mention, I set on the sighting laps and went around the gooseneck and thought something had broken as there was a sliding noise followed by a loud thud... only on the second sighting lap did I realise I still had 40 litres of fuel in jerry cans sliding about in the back!
Javelin no doubt. They should have picked that up before letting you out tbf.

It's funny how relaxed you think you are on a track day. And yet I still do daft things or forget stuff and I'm something like 40-plus track days in.

I'm hoping to have my top mounts and new springs delivered in April so should be at Croft in May for another shakedown. I've booked the day regardless so
🤞

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Literally got the car off the trailer and looked at it and realised how much weight there still was in it. Think it will be off the road shortly and become a proper track toy tbh.
Don't lose comfort though. Keep your heater and electric windows in at the very least. My ACW racing windows in my last circuit car were a pain and if you've not got a heater in, you'll not be able to enjoy winter trackdays. Have you got rid of that damper under the bonnet, just below the top engine mount? 2 kg in that alone.

I'm getting some headlamp blanks again as there's some weight in those Xenons. Dead easy to whip in and out in the morning before doing your sighting laps.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Don't lose comfort though. Keep your heater and electric windows in at the very least. My ACW racing windows in my last circuit car were a pain and if you've not got a heater in, you'll not be able to enjoy winter trackdays. Have you got rid of that damper under the bonnet, just below the top engine mount? 2 kg in that alone.

I'm getting some headlamp blanks again as there's some weight in those Xenons. Dead easy to whip in and out in the morning before doing your sighting laps.
Yeah I’m not losing the ac or electric cars windows. It’s a fair shout. Loads of carpet, sound deadening and the like though.