ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

“Charlotte” The 182 FF

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Span there myself a few years back in the wet, cold tyres coming straight out of the paddock. I went the other way onto the grass and miraculously managed to keep it out of the barrier. Hope it's a simple fix.
Less of a simple fix is my pride! 😂

@Krarl coming around the corner and seeing me facing the wrong way with my arms in the air just have been quite the scene!

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
I'm upset my A pillar was in the way, all you can see from my footage is tyre marks from where you've left the track🤣

To be fair to myself, I was coming into coppice and I heard a noise that sounded like a cable tie had been attached to my driveshaft, by the time I got to Chris curve it was gone. Then the next lap it was back again into coppice so I kept letting off

That and the fact I had a mini moment into hairpin, I'll see if I can get that footage. f**king thing hurt my wanking wrist

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Aside from the first part of the morning session where I seemed happier to push sooner we were pretty evenly matched. Was a cracking day.

Not sure what @Krarl was doing in his car at lunch but he was all steamed up. I’m thinking it could have been here he really hurt his wrist…

IMG_6749.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Do you reckon it was the rear toe out that caused it or the zero throttle on entry?

Everytime i've been off in the wet it's been down to no/not enough throttle.

It looked like you could have potentially saved that by getting back on the power, but at least it's not too much damage.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Do you reckon it was the rear toe out that caused it or the zero throttle on entry?

Everytime i've been off in the wet it's been down to no/not enough throttle.

It looked like you could have potentially saved that by getting back on the power, but at least it's not too much damage.

Zero throttle on entry almost certainly, i think it was a bit faster than previously in the wet and held off longer getting on the power.

As I sat there I realised I could have probably saved it by flooring it but my lack of recent experience made me reach for the brake... hard to overcome the natural reaction to brake.

Need to have a sticker on the dash to remind me all the time that power will always help :ROFLMAO:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Zero throttle on entry almost certainly, i think it was a bit faster than previously in the wet and held off longer getting on the power.

As I sat there I realised I could have probably saved it by flooring it but my lack of recent experience made me reach for the brake... hard to overcome the natural reaction to brake.

Need to have a sticker on the dash to remind me all the time that power will always help :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's hard to overcome the natural reaction, took me years.

Looks like you did try to blip the throttle but it was past that point then.

One of the reasons i hate wet track days 😂

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

For next time...

1726142862542.png

In all seriousness, bad luck and atleast you're fine and the cars not to bad.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
For next time...

View attachment 1710810

In all seriousness, bad luck and atleast you're fine and the cars not to bad.

Funnily enough on the "being fine" I am 100% fine but the only thing my wife said when I got home was "you need a new helmet". Which she is 100% correct about, its my old motorbike helmet and when I say old, I mean a bit to old really, so started looking for a new one.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Taken the offside suspension assembly and the only damage is a bent main pin on the ProAm roll centre kit. Safe to say the updated V4 pins are pretty strong now! Scott is organising me a new one and a replacement pinch bolt as well. So should be all good in a week or two.

IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6771.jpeg

Did have to repair the metal work under the bumper as well. 100year old bottle jack to the rescue again.

IMG_6770.jpeg

So all that’s left is to fix the paintwork on the bumper which I think I’ll just do my best with a rattle can as I’m sure it’ll get scuffed again at some point.