ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 - What have u had

Anyone whos been timed or has a g-tech meter? So far ive managed to get a 6.4 at best but there is still room to improve. I reckon once i strip it of its spare wheel, interior (leather) and get my new manifold fitted i should be seeing very low 6s or maybe even break into the 5s! Just need to sort my off the line starts.....

My best effort so far:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/ebay084.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/ebay084.jpg

Still not bad for a full fat willy hybrid though really.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 25 August 2005

How accurate are these G-tech things?
Supposed to be pretty damn accurate! People have run them down the 1/4 with them and they have been withing .1 of the timing gear

Nippy white cup

I managed a 5.8 at York (proper timing equipment) Was really wet to start with but dried up later. Std airbox, s/s exhaust/decat and Rsport with just the rear seats out. Jesus has a vid but I havent got it off him yet

Chris

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

i reckon mine is just under 6 when i get one of my perfect starts :)

Quote: Originally posted by JonnyK on 25 August 2005

i reckon mine is just under 6 when i get one of my perfect starts :)
Whats ure had done to ures jonny?

Chris - v.respectable time mate! Would really hope for that sort of pace when mines all sorted

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

an ecotek valve..

lol

mine is a stripped RT

2.0 megane bottom end (blueprinted)
1.8 16v head ported by angelworks
piper cams and vernier pullies
smt6 piggyback ECU
AWT ported inlet and exhaust manifolds
lightened and balanced flywheel
full custom stainless exhaust with k-tec decat
J&R Panel filter in std airbox.

whew...

Nippy white cup

Cheers Tom. I wouldnt mind totally stripping it out but I still need to have it usuable with a baby lol

Chris

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Stopwatched timed,mines around 7secs.With exhaust mods,but I cant get 60 in 2nd.

no idea what 0-60 mine will do, would love to find out someday, but with std rev limiter I cant see it being too hot, low to mid 6s at a guess... think 5s are pretty much guaranteed once the rev limit is increased to 7k+ on current spec tho.

Chris, ill be on MSN tonight and Ill fire that video accross for you mate.

Ziel Nurburgring

On the G-Tech ive scored a 6.56 for a chubby 172, best time and launched on brand new tarmac that had a ton of grip. On normal crappy roads its about 6.7-6.8 no problems.

Turn ESP off though, it bogs you down no end.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 25 August 2005

3.9 on my dads kawasaki ninja 650cc with exhaust
That actually aint that quick when you think me and my bro have a done a 4.3 in his scoob.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 25 August 2005

7.8 on an AP22 but Im sh*t at launching, Im used to rolling starts! :oops:
Which are considerably harder than standin starts mate.

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 25 August 2005

Stopwatched timed,mines around 7secs.With exhaust mods,but I cant get 60 in 2nd.
Thats where im lucky! What does the standard willy hit the limiter at?

Organise a airfield day and ill bring the g-tech along! ;)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i have only tried it about 5 times seemed to get around 6.8-7.0 but im sh*t at starting and got lots of ice and interior and 17s ;)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 25 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 25 August 2005

Thats where im lucky! What does the standard willy hit the limiter at?

Organise a airfield day and ill bring the g-tech along! ;)

6.4-.5 ishRPM and it wont quite do 60 in 2nd then so it makes the 0-60 a bit sloooow. Yeah bring that thing along Tom,could be interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 25 August 2005

mid 5s in my old uno turbo :(

oh how i miss that beast
Beast! Bet that was hard to get traction in! Bet it used to torque steer like a fooker too!

yep, was puching just shy of 200bhp, lots of money spent on the engine, then sold the car as the suspension was too stiff for the car and popped its way through the suspension strut in the boot :(

i will own another minter at some point

oh, if anyone sees it H116 DBD, contact the owner, tell them i want it back :(

10.05 in my 1.6 8v, not bad really, think i can get it just under 10 seconds with better change from 2nd to 3rd, think i change a lil too late