ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0% Interest Free @ Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB.

BMW 440i
im still awaiting confirmation for the ipad, had the agreement etc from Barclays and i'd be proper chuffed if it comes before xmas like it states on the estimated delivery date.

happy xmas me!

How silly, you could have just paid £100 more for delivery this week.

330Ci cab

with a university degree, i think that is highly illogical and a waste of cash.

my opinion btw, no digs, im not here for that but, seriously! makes no sense at all

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
FFS this is too tempting!

i need a new laptop, i want an ipad, i want an iMac!

i just hate finance!

Megane 225 F1
It's decent finance though. As long as you know you can afford the sum each month for 10 months, it's a friggin bargain. If you come into some money mid way, just put it aside and then set up a direct debit into your bank to pay for it each month.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i know its a great deal but i just hate owing money.

knowing that i already have the ipad and have been using it for 3 months but i still have money coming out of my bank every month for it irritates me!

dave my car loan annoyed me every month! i very enarly threw a party when it finished!

ohh and ill buy one of you get the 4S! ;)

AK

M240i
Not anything I remotely need.

Thought about an Air, but then it would make my iPad redundant.

I'll get one. Probably on the refresh. We'll see.

i know its a great deal but i just hate owing money.

knowing that i already have the ipad and have been using it for 3 months but i still have money coming out of my bank every month for it irritates me!

dave my car loan annoyed me every month! i very enarly threw a party when it finished!

ohh and ill buy one of you get the 4S! ;)

Just buy it outright then gayboy, you have the cash!

I had a text from Tesco yesterday, they're apparently sorry they dont have a 4s for me yet. I have filled in the application for an ipad 2 twice and keeping backing out of it, might have one in a couple of weeks as the offer is on till the 6th Jan.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have never had any form of debt/finance before, I took £4500 for 10 months from the bank of M+D though in order to pay for my Golf outright. 10 monthly payments of £450 is a ballache, but it's only money id be pissing up the wall on clothes/alcohol/food anyway. When the last payment finishes, ill be going back to my final year of Uni anyway so won't be getting paid for about 8 months after. Annoying, but worth it for something i wanted. You just learn to spend around it. For the sake of £123 for a 27" iMac though, id do it all day long if i couldn't afford the lump sum. I got paid 2 months in 1 when i first started, so that bought my iMac which was nice. (pay details didn't go through in time to get 1st pay cheque)

330Ci cab
Just buy it outright then gayboy, you have the cash!

I had a text from Tesco yesterday, they're apparently sorry they dont have a 4s for me yet. I have filled in the application for an ipad 2 twice and keeping backing out of it, might have one in a couple of weeks as the offer is on till the 6th Jan.

i did that too, but just did it, i just manned up lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have never had any form of debt/finance before, I took £4500 for 10 months from the bank of M+D though in order to pay for my Golf outright. 10 monthly payments of £450 is a ballache, but it's only money id be pissing up the wall on clothes/alcohol/food anyway. When the last payment finishes, ill be going back to my final year of Uni anyway so won't be getting paid for about 8 months after. Annoying, but worth it for something i wanted. You just learn to spend around it. For the sake of £123 for a 27" iMac though, id do it all day long if i couldn't afford the lump sum. I got paid 2 months in 1 when i first started, so that bought my iMac which was nice. (pay details didn't go through in time to get 1st pay cheque)

dont get me wrong i can easily afford it. i could get an imac ipad and macbook on finance if i wanted too but its the thought of being in debt that i dont like. id rather buy it outright, but as you say ill never save for it due to me spending it elsewhere.
that and i dont know wether i actually want one! i bought the iphone not long ago and although it is awesome the novelty has worn off slighty and now its just as my old phone was only better.

dave just buy an iphone sim free from apple!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
get a PAYG sim card where you have to put lik £5 a month on it to get unlimited data. thats all youl need

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
thats what you use the £5 for... if you use more then put more money on it, get more perks i.e free texts etc.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i cba to explain lol. but if you dont spend all day on the phone and you dont text that much then PAYG is the better option if you can get the perks with small top ups

330Ci cab
I keep changing my mind though, I could spend a bit more each month and have a MBA...or a MBP... but then I realise I have a (windows)laptop + desktop so do I really need anything....

i was the same, its the portability of the ipad that has always been the attraction. ive got a laptop too, and have just been given a 13" macbook, soon as i unlock it its being sold seeing as they are going for ~£350 - 400, that'll pay for the ipad, but i placed my order before i was given that

330Ci cab
i wouldnt ever get rid of my laptop, the ipad will come into its own in what i do, instead of carrying textbooks i can access them anytime using elsevier website and journals etc. its the sheer portability, plus if im with the mrs in the car on journeys either of us could browse etc. limitless possibilities i guess, and both laptop and ipad are different tools for different times in their own right. thats my way of thinking and justification for buying one anyway lol

I have a Kindle so covered there and I'm looking at the MBA as basically a bigger ipad with a proper keyboard.

I guess the only difference is not being able to access the net via 3G on the MBA.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The air is much more than just an iPad with a keyboard LOL it's a full computer... Not a tablet or net book like an iPad.... People like you should be banned from apple products.

You make Steve jobs angry in his iCoffin

Yes I know its a laptop but I said I was looking at it like a bigger ipad with a keyboard as in its just as portable as the ipad but does more. I guess I was trying to justify the extra cost to myself.

See post #187

DB.

BMW 440i
Go MBA mate, then when the iPad 3 comes out, if you still feel you want even more portability, you have an excuse!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I'd have picked him up, took him to the Apple Store, waited whilst he filled it all in and dropped him home for £90.

He would have had it that same day and saved £10 ;)

I also dont see how 0% is a debt, especially as the products initial price hasnt gone up a penny?

IF any thing buying someone on 0% is BETTER than buying it out right?

Status
Not open for further replies.