ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0% Interest Free @ Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Golf GTD
Tempted to order a MBP. Two quick questions

1. Anyone had any issues ordering via that edu link? Not a uni bum anymore sadly, so don't have access to a Uni email account. How stringent are their checks?
2. Is a MBP refresh around the corner? I've heard talk that it might get done in Jan.

320d M Sport
Been trying to order online today, it's going to a dead link when you go through the engraving options (which I'm not having done BTW)?!

Anyone else tried? Site says delivery in about 10 days..

dk

911 GTS Cab
oops, just walked into Square in Wycombe and bought a 17" pro on 10 months interest free as they are doing the same offer, free double memory too.

xmas has come early, can finally go all apple and retire of the 17" sony i have.

330Ci cab
i ordered mine last tuesday, spoke to Barclays this morning (approved, BTW) and they said it should be processed and Apple's website updated by the end of the week. thats a bit slow by anyone's standards.

still wouldn't pay an extra £100 to get it the next day tho, just saying.....:D

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
oops, just walked into Square in Wycombe and bought a 17" pro on 10 months interest free as they are doing the same offer, free double memory too.

xmas has come early, can finally go all apple and retire of the 17" sony i have.

I was told you couldn't do it instore?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was told you couldn't do it instore?

This is an apple premium reseller store, called square.

There's one in my town luckily, they also have concessions in selfridges and Harvey Nichols too.

Same thing, through Barclays, but they are also offering free double memory and no wait for shipping either which is cool.

M135i
Grrr..... Bit annoyed now.

Just tried to buy a MBP through the finance deal.

Filled out all my details and it came to the final page and it said I'd been accepted. Then said to click the button and it'd take me through to a page where I could sign an electronic signature. Clicked on it and the page couldn't be loaded as it was an invalid page.

Checked out my emails to find some from Barclays so clicked a link in an email and it asked me to confirm some questions with Experian. Answered the questions and now it's telling me my application has been declined even though earlier it said I'd been accepted!!

Really annoyed now........

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting for payment approval on apple..

mine says that too, Barclays are being a bit slow in processing according to the lady i spoke to on the phone. ah well, so long as its here before next friday! lol

Grrr..... Bit annoyed now.

Just tried to buy a MBP through the finance deal.

Filled out all my details and it came to the final page and it said I'd been accepted. Then said to click the button and it'd take me through to a page where I could sign an electronic signature. Clicked on it and the page couldn't be loaded as it was an invalid page.

Checked out my emails to find some from Barclays so clicked a link in an email and it asked me to confirm some questions with Experian. Answered the questions and now it's telling me my application has been declined even though earlier it said I'd been accepted!!

Really annoyed now........

All 3 of you should ring them!

M135i
^^^^^

I did! ;)

But it was 8.30 when I did it and Barclays Capital closed their call centre at 8.00. Lazy bums!

FF RB 182
They've emailed me today saying can they deliver to the address that my card in registered too, which is fine but I don't know if anyone is going to be to accept it now! I was getting it delivered to Gaz's as there was more of a chance of it someone been in.

An orange one
Planning to buy an iPad 2 after Xmas, have the cash to buy outright (32gb wifi) but my local apple premium reseller stormfront in Carlisle have this offer on till 7th January,

Don't know what to do, quite like the idea of it being all mine and all paid..

fiesta 1.25
MacBook Pro

Thinking of buying new and selling my 2008 MacBook as spares or repair.

Ive found links for different prices £999 on the normal store then £939 on education store and another for £859 and it doesn't ask for Uni info etc? Will this work? Also going to put it on finance. Is it as simple as it sounds £859 over 10 months 0%?

320d M Sport
Yep, my sister sorted one in the end. Ordered 11th I think, delivery 27th... Engraving doesn't delay it either Apple said.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I had then ring me earlier on, bunch of idiots!
Mine has been delayed because Billing Address is different to Delivery Address, and they wanted to deliver to Billing address.

Anyways, estimated delivery date is 19th to 21st but still awaiting despatched email. Hopefully get it before Christmas.

fiesta 1.25
i ordered mine last tuesday, spoke to Barclays this morning (approved, BTW) and they said it should be processed and Apple's website updated by the end of the week. thats a bit slow by anyone's standards.

still wouldn't pay an extra £100 to get it the next day tho, just saying.....:D

Is that after they have recieved the signed copy of the agreement?

330Ci cab
Is that after they have recieved the signed copy of the agreement?

Its an electronic signature so it's pretty much instant, it took a week for them to process it though. You get confirmation immediately too so you know if you have been accepted or not

M135i
Its an electronic signature so it's pretty much instant, it took a week for them to process it though. You get confirmation immediately too so you know if you have been accepted or not

Strange.

For my one they sent me a pdf and told me to print and sign it, before sending i back to a freepost address.

Don't hold much hope of getting my MBP before New Year now then..... :(

330Ci cab
Strange.

For my one they sent me a pdf and told me to print and sign it, before sending i back to a freepost address.

Don't hold much hope of getting my MBP before New Year now then..... :(

Just have a quick check of your emails, have you had the part 1 and part 2 bit? After you log in and they give you the decision you should get another email with a password which you use for a digital signature, that was my experience. Just have a quick look, hope it helps :)

M135i
Just have a quick check of your emails, have you had the part 1 and part 2 bit? After you log in and they give you the decision you should get another email with a password which you use for a digital signature, that was my experience. Just have a quick look, hope it helps :)

Yeah, I did get the emails and it told me I'd been accepted.

However, it took me straight to a pdf with instructions to sign and send it back to them.

I think it might have something to do with proving my identity and address though as they requested I send a bank statement along with the signed credit agreement to show proof of my address.

They obviously trusted you more than they trust me!

Status
Not open for further replies.