ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 Dynamique - Electrical nightmare #500 - Foglights!

valver & 2002 mk2
Hey guys (and girls)

I recently bought an 02 Dynamique, but due to the lovely weather recently i havn't really had a chance to give it a good going over - first impressions however are awful! It's an electrical nightmare to say the least.

The problem i'm tackling now is the odd situation with my horn (and it's lack of connection), and while i was there i decided to see why my foggies aren't working.

I've got front and rear lights on the dash, rears are working at the clusters, fronts are reading at the fusebox and the N/S bulb i checked briefly looked fine. It's missing the arch liner on the same side so it's taken a pasting.

The 2 things i want to know are: Why am i hearing an odd intermittent quiet whirring sound from the enginebay when they are turned on, and why is there a second empty connection point on the foglight aswell as the bulb? In my Haynes there's only one for the bulb...

I'm beginning to hate this car and i've had it less than a month. There's a whole list of electrical goodies to talk about if anyone has a wealth of knowledge and doesn't mind spending a few mins posting?