ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

06' Mk3 Renault Clio

Hi there, I'm new to the Clio Sport forum. From Northern Ireland, I drive a 06" Renault Clio Mk3 1.2 Extreme. Currently I have made a few modifications to the car and have a few left to make. The modifications to the car at the moment are refurbished STR RSGT 17" alloy wheels, Sun Strip and a few decals from on the rear windows. This is how the car used to look when i first got it.

From the front
P1000175_zps31910ddf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Drivers Side
P1000174_zps8df1319f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Front passenger Side
P1000173_zpse69c6054.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is one of the refurbished alloys. I done them myself so it doesn't look as good as it would if i payed a pro to do it.
IMAG0253_zps3f43332b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After the Sun-strip was put on. I done this again myself.
IMAG0236_zps1c71ef9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Modifications i have left to do to the car are:
Blue LED lights installed in the rear windows and foot wells,
White LED light installed in the glove compartment,
Applying brushed aluminum vinyl to the trim on the dash board similar to the 197
197 Renault Sport Steering Wheel Insert
Custom Sakura Seat Covers with the Renault logo on the seat
and Tinted windows

I will possible consider lowering the car a few mil next year.

Clio mk3
Just had a look at your thread on your mk3. How did you manage to carbon wrap the Dash trim?

it all just pops off,use put a flat head in to the side of the vents and slowly prise it out and it all clips on and you just unclip them. makes a big difference

More and more mk3s coming everyday now! Not really a fan of the alloys or the sun strip but all that matters is what you think of it.
I've done a few of the mods you're considering doing so if you want, check out my progress thread.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?703303-Dom-s-non-sport-MK3-thread-Re-post
I choose the alloys because I have always loved the 5 spoke. I am getting them professionally refurbed next year in possibly black with a silver trim. Sunstrip i think makes it look more sporty but im not sure if it will be an MOT fail. I have heard people say it can be. I am liking what i am doing. Stands out more which i like.

I choose the alloys because I have always loved the 5 spoke. I am getting them professionally refurbed next year in possibly black with a silver trim. Sunstrip i think makes it look more sporty but im not sure if it will be an MOT fail. I have heard people say it can be. I am liking what i am doing. Stands out more which i like.

Thats all that matters then really! I like the 5 spoke too and with a good refurb I think you may be able to pull it off. Not too sure about that one to be honest mate, doubt it though as some cars come fitted with them as standard so will be surprised if it's an MOT fail. It's pointless doing a car up to look the same as the others so you're on the right track :) I find lots of the MK2s are pretty much the same with turinis etc etc, seems totally pointless to me

Thats all that matters then really! I like the 5 spoke too and with a good refurb I think you may be able to pull it off. Not too sure about that one to be honest mate, doubt it though as some cars come fitted with them as standard so will be surprised if it's an MOT fail. It's pointless doing a car up to look the same as the others so you're on the right track :) I find lots of the MK2s are pretty much the same with turinis etc etc, seems totally pointless to me
I am going for a style where it stands out but can also blend in at certain times so it doesn't draw too much of the wrong attention

I am going for a style where it stands out but can also blend in at certain times so it doesn't draw too much of the wrong attention

I didn't want to bring too much attention to my car either mate.. I use mainly OEM parts. In the end if you declare everything to the insurance, it doesn't matter what the police do. Just don't be a pr**k and you'll be fine

LY 182
Surely you havnt left the wrap like that on your dash strip? It looks like youve just cut strips out of paper and stuck it on with prit-stick
they all just pop off easy, open the glovebox and just pull it from the bottom and wrap it all the way round the back of the trim, not just have loose edges everywhere, sorry if that sounds abit harsh haha!

Surely you havnt left the wrap like that on your dash strip? It looks like youve just cut strips out of paper and stuck it on with prit-stick
they all just pop off easy, open the glovebox and just pull it from the bottom and wrap it all the way round the back of the trim, not just have loose edges everywhere, sorry if that sounds abit harsh haha!
I did take the off its just the brushed aluminum vinyl i used was horrible. I have taken it off the trim now and i am taking it on Monday to get professionally resprayed.

Trying to find somewhere i can get custom decals for my seat covers. so far i have seen a few on ebay and they are £8.99 with free p+p. So will do another update on this post when i decide what i am doing. I am going to have a decision by the end of the day.

Trim is back from the paint shop. Not a bad job for £40.

After paint
IMAG0271.jpg
After being fitted
IMAG0272.jpg
Close Ups
IMAG0273.jpgIMAG0274.jpgIMAG0275.jpg.

Having a go at doing the air vent trims myself. Hopefully it comes out just as good.

Attachments

• IMAG0271_zps6b1b437b.jpg
    IMAG0271_zps6b1b437b.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0272_zps587cc69d.jpg
    IMAG0272_zps587cc69d.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 94