ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 01-05 model.. project

clio 1.2
heres a photo of what mine looked like, dont hav a photo of the original but you get the jist :) oh minus the alloys mine had crappy hubcaps
4224384_1.gif

i then put in jbl sub and amp package
DSC_0135.gif

mates giving it a test ;)

DSC_0136.gif

DSC_0137.gif

wacked it on the parcel shelf
IMG_0011.gif

then started to put in my vibe 600w peak power 6x9's
IMG_0012.gif

sorted :cool:
IMG_0013.gif

now for the wheels

put on 17" team dynamics arnage
IMG_0009.gif

oh and colour coded, cheeky 2.0 silver badge and red calipers
IMG_0010.gif

IMG_0015.gif

tinted rear 3 windows aswell

IMG_0016.gif

getting there....
IMG_0014.gif

changed rear lights, to dark/clear ones
IMG_0019.gif

next got in a scorpion oval backbox
IMG_0034.gif

IMG_0033.gif

next is the headlights, changing them to angel eyes
here are the originals:
IMG_0084.gif

IMG_0085.gif

IMG_0106.gif

IMG_0086.gif

F*CKED MY WHEEL GRREAT! NEW WHEEL FOR ME :(
IMG_0102.gif

Next is a clio sport interior! yeah buddey all five seats and four door cards for 160 :star:

IMG_0388.gif

IMG_0390.gif

IMG_0391.gif

taking old ones out and blow are the clio sport stickers tht were put on
IMG_0393.gif

IMG_0394.gif

IMG_0395.gif

IMG_0396.gif

IMG_0398.gif

IMG_0399.gif

IMG_0400.gif

IMG_0402.gif

IMG_0404.gif

IMG_0407.gif

IMG_0408.gif

IMG_0409.gif

IMG_0410.gif

IMG_0412.gif

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Looks like you love your car with the amount of time and money you've spent on it!

Not to my taste, and i'm sure a few other on here will be harsher than me but just ignore them.

It's good getting to know how everything comes apart / works / and hopefully goes back together!

clio 1.2
so, sofar i have done
window tints
sub amp 6x9's
colour coded,
2.0l badge LOL
rear lights
front angel eyes
17" alloys
red brake calipers
scorpion oval backbox
sport interior and door cards

next on the list is lowering it, got some side skirts to put on, HID's front windows tinting, sports grill private plate, silver sports dash inserts, blue footwell lights, sport mats, black ice air freshener ha!... n whatever pops into my mind tht sounds worth while :)

Are you from Nottingham?

Tbh, I'd lose the gash alloys for some smaller 15's and definitely get rid of the 2.0 badge!

Not a bad start though, needs lowering badly though lol.

Here's a pic of my old 1.2, just because I'm a ***** and loved this car:
DSC00051.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

:eek:

clio 1.2
yeah am from nottingham, might gt some 15's one day, but for now just a beginner so having a bash at moding this one, in a year or two gona swap to a real sport when i can afford the insurance!

window tints - not bad
sub amp 6x9's - Looks s**t on the parcel shelf. Crying out for someone to smash the back window and away with it even with tints.
colour coded - good start
2.0l badge LOL - Just no on that one
rear lights - just no on that one aswell
front angel eyes - yep you guessed it, another no
17" alloys - oh and another no, at the very most should have been 16" Cliosport Alloys or similar
red brake calipers - not bad
scorpion oval backbox - another no
sport interior and door cards - about the only thing going for the car.
blue neon footwell lights - don't do it
Renault sport stickers - no

This is just my opinion so don't take it to heart but to me your car just screams boy racer and looks like the sort of car you would see racing corsas round a McDonalds car park.

But, if you like it then thats the main thing, just don't expect most people on here to be paying you many compliments

That said, it looks like you've made a lot of effort with the car, just drive it sensibly and you'll be in a real sport in no time :)

window tints - not bad
sub amp 6x9's - Looks s**t on the parcel shelf. Crying out for someone to smash the back window and away with it even with tints.
colour coded - good start
2.0l badge LOL - Just no on that one
rear lights - just no on that one aswell
front angel eyes - yep you guessed it, another no
17" alloys - oh and another no, at the very most should have been 16" Cliosport Alloys or similar
red brake calipers - not bad
scorpion oval backbox - another no
sport interior and door cards - about the only thing going for the car.
blue neon footwell lights - don't do it
Renault sport stickers - no

This is just my opinion so don't take it to heart but to me your car just screams boy racer and looks like the sort of car you would see racing corsas round a McDonalds car park.

But, if you like it then thats the main thing, just don't expect most people on here to be paying you many compliments

That said, it looks like you've made a lot of effort with the car, just drive it sensibly and you'll be in a real sport in no time :)

had it spot on for me lol, so i won't repeat what's already said!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if i saw that amp on your shelf in a car park, it would all be mine in 10 seconds flat

Never above 25mpg
For me. Best mod was the interior.

Unless it's a replica or has a 2.0 engine then it's kind of pointless with the badges.

clio 1.2
yeah know what u mean just wanted a silver coloured one n happend to b tht one tht i found on ebay, but i dont really take myself too seriously so just find it kinda joke, maybe worry a few people at the lights tht cant spot a real sport (until the green light shows n i move off like a snail) aha. bt meh not to fussed tbh

1.2 Dynamique 16v
get rid of the: wheels, rear lights, angel eyes, tints, 2.0L badge. keep the interior. put the amp in the boot. stealth the parcel shelf. your asking for trouble.

start again..............

lower it on springs or coilies, depends on your finances. buy some good alloys.

done.

M135i
I did exactly same thing with mine, as i just passed my test and first started out in the modding world, if you stay on here, you will notice your car change ALOT ! i can tell you put alot of effort and TLC into the car so at least it will be looked after even if a few of the mods are abit chavvy, its all about learning and trying different things.

Check my project thread out mate, this thread reminds me alot of my car and its travels

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ear-project-car-been-through-alot-!&highlight

clio 1.2
I did exactly same thing with mine, as i just passed my test and first started out in the modding world, if you stay on here, you will notice your car change ALOT ! i can tell you put alot of effort and TLC into the car so at least it will be looked after even if a few of the mods are abit chavvy, its all about learning and trying different things.

Check my project thread out mate, this thread reminds me alot of my car and its travels

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ear-project-car-been-through-alot-!&highlight

i see where your coming from there mate, everyone goes through stages i see ;) yours is looking very nice, quite a lot of money put into that bad boy!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok, Having had my 1.2 16v for a couple of years now, just take your time. You wont be able to insure a Sport for a good few years yet im sure, so why rush? Clio's (In my opinion) look alot better with subtle, smart mods. You seem to of spent alot of money on your car, and clearly time fitting it all. However, In my opinion, remove the sports badges and stickers. Remove the rear lights and when you have the money change those wheels, for some smart 15" then lower it. Then you'll have a nice tidy motor. Not a fan of the sound system myself, but each to there own, but your asking for a break in having them sat like that, even with tints. Nice lil motor there mate, just need to de-chav a tad and your onto a winner. Stay away for Maccy D's for Christ sake :rasp:

Quick pics real quick of my 1.2 as I don't have a progress thread.

29778_436519450991_526050991_557079.jpg

mg zr
i got smoked sides on me mk1 at the minute cant wait the modding options on a mk2 are so much better also seems to be alot simpler

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
sounds good, yea mk2's seem easier but then ive never had anything else lol. Anyway, we best not thread Hijack, lol.

mg zr
sounds good, yea mk2's seem easier but then ive never had anything else lol. Anyway, we best not thread Hijack, lol.

no lol get rid of the halfrauds alloys rear lights and put a stealth shelf in if u like loud music thats what i would do also the bullets are a no no