ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v engine ticking noise

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Started my car this morning and its stopped.

Im worried.

it just runs smooth, very little noise.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its coming very soon.

should have it buy the end of november

tom, i would sell the car before it explodes, if the ticking has stopped, its only a matter of time :eek:

H22A7 Accord Type R

wowoooooooooooo wish mine would shut the hell up!!!!!!!! tick tick tick, its a ball ache if you forget to put the stereo in the car.........and ive got a k-tec rumbling away at the back!! tick tick.......maybe its the weather lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i did put a can of whyns engine treatment in about 3 weeks ago

H22A7 Accord Type R

whyns.........not sure about spelling but whine, engine whine, maybe its a de-whiner! how long has it been running tick free Tom? how many miles has yours done??

my engine tickover is a bit louder now its fully run in than when it was in the first 500 miles... is this normal? coz i have a lil fast ticking noise on tickover~!

and i forgot to say... a fair few miles ago, mine just stopped after i started it once! but that was only once! mine has now done 2222miles

mine had just over 12000 miles when it disappeared, was still ticking like a bugger

no sign of letting up either

H22A7 Accord Type R

.........and those are HARD miles eh Fred!!! still chuckling to myself about your winding road story mate!!!