ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, this is gonna sound daft but i have a 1.2 16v 2005 Clio Extreme and i wanna go faster.
so far ive added a powertec induction with cold air feed, Custom Cat back stainless steel 2.5 inch bore, lowered 45 all round and wolfrace alloys and runnin BP Ultimate :cool:
Its humped various 1.2s and three 1.4ltrs, believe it when i say 120mph from a 1.2 with 4 passengers is fookin kwik, but i need more power any ideas :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You sound like a right chav.
No way will a 1.2 go 120mph actual speed, i'm guessing you've got some fat 17's on it so they'll mess up the speedo reading a treat so thats where your 120mph comes from, the top speed is 106mph according to Renault, and they don't have the power to hit the limiter in 5th, i had one for 2 years so i know.

Either way, save your money for when you grow up.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
No way will a 1.2 go 120mph actual speed, i'm guessing you've got some fat 17's on it so they'll mess up the speedo reading a treat so thats where your 120mph comes from, the top speed is 106mph according to Renault, and they don't have the power to hit the limiter in 5th, i had one for 2 years so i know.

i dont like to stereotype but........how old are you? do you have an underage girlfriend who likes to go 'cruizi'n' with you near maccy D's?

Loose weight on the car and remap ?

i went for a remap when the guy said he cood do it but he foned sayin he coodnt get into it cos of the cage that surronds it load of b****cks tbh.

i wanna keep it a 1.2 just for the sheer shock value of tellin ppl wat it is.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

i dont like to stereotype but........how old are you? do you have an underage girlfriend who likes to go 'cruizi'n' with you near maccy D's?

That aimed at me or the other guy?!

downhill at 5 am in the mornin with aone of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012ER62I/?tag=cliospnet01-21

and its onli got 15" x 6.5" rims :)

look apart from the fact its a 1.2 hand on heart its fast especailly for a 1.2 with the exhaust and filter plus the fuel....its ruined a 1.4 ibiza 1.4 saxo and 1.4 pug.
hell it kept up with a 1.8 turbo till he got to 3rd, i ave the video.

also im 21 with 8 pts and 1yrs NCB ull understand my conundrum when it comes to buyin a faster car.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
look apart from the fact its a 1.2 hand on heart its fast especailly for a 1.2 with the exhaust and filter plus the fuel....its ruined a 1.4 ibiza 1.4 saxo and 1.4 pug.
hell it kept up with a 1.8 turbo till he got to 3rd, i ave the video.

also im 21 with 8 pts and 1yrs NCB ull understand my conundrum when it comes to buyin a faster car.

for speeding?! :clown:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
lol no wonder you have 8 point the way you go on lol, why run it on 98ron? i guess you were going down a big hill to get 120 you sure it wasnt kph?

Ph1 172 + Combo van

exactly what i was going to say.

yes it does sound daft btw. your induction kit and exhaust will not do much atall really unless it is done with a lot of other mods. on a 1.2 it is not worth it mate you wont get nothing substantial out of it. thats why i havent done nothing to my engine. waste of time and money imo

lol no wonder you have 8 point the way you go on lol, why run it on 98ron? i guess you were going down a big hill to get 120 you sure it wasnt kph?

why run it on 98ron? 0-60 was originally 12.6 secs, addin the fuel to the mix brought to 10.4 thats y. :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van

why run it on 98ron? 0-60 was originally 12.6 secs, addin the fuel to the mix brought to 10.4 thats y. :)
haaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa PMSL

get a nos sticker it will make you go faster

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
come on please tell me why you run 98ron? whats the difference with the fuel? is your car mapped to run on better fuel?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Very much doubt that,
the 12.6 is in a typical situation.
Eg, a family car ould have a couple of passengers when test but a super-car would have nothin but an ounce of fuel. Its to give a more realistic figure.
So it will be probably be quicker than 12.6 anyway

come on please tell me why you run 98ron? whats the difference with the fuel? is your car mapped to run on better fuel?

dont kno much bout octane numbers fuel do u, the higher the octane the bigger explosion simple really, plus keeps the engine clean.:)

Very much doubt that,
the 12.6 is in a typical situation.
Eg, a family car ould have a couple of passengers when test but a super-car would have nothin but an ounce of fuel. Its to give a more realistic figure.
So it will be probably be quicker than 12.6 anyway

i timed it at 12.6

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Carrying passengers dangerously and getting caught, openly admitting to breaking the speed limit by 50 mph on an open forum and wanting more power?
Please grow up.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

dont kno much bout octane numbers fuel do u, the higher the octane the bigger explosion simple really, plus keeps the engine clean.:)

yes but what advantage is a car that is designed to run on dog piss fuel going to benefit when it still believes that you are putting dog piss fuel in rather than 98ron?

Carrying passengers dangerously and getting caught, openly admitting to breaking the speed limit by 50 mph on an open forum and wanting more power?
Please grow up.

actually it was in my first year of driving, so i was sittin with 5 ppl plus myself in a car park moved 10 yards to a different spot just as the traffics drove by threatend that i cood lose my licence cos it voided my insurance carryin more than the cars insured for, so they gave me that instead. up ye

yes but what advantage is a car that is designed to run on dog piss fuel going to benefit when it still believes that you are putting dog piss fuel in rather than 98ron?
its got nothin to do with wat the car believes its all mechanical with the bigger explosion the crank gets spun quicker, which makes for quicker acceleration.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
"comin from a guy who drives a 1.4...smacked one of them silly on backroads."

on backroads lol? your car is not built for speed so why try it. im pretty sure i could keep up with you tbh. i didnt hear any mods like brakes or decent suspension or tyres so i will laugh when you come crying on here saying you slid out round the first corner straight into the front garden of your council house.

enough said. you a fool thats why you still have a 1.2 car at 21 and so many points on your licence.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
:nono: still a no no! Its like saying you were only sppeding to get past a car doing the speed limit.

Save your money and breath and buy a faster car when you've matured a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.