ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
"comin from a guy who drives a 1.4...smacked one of them silly on backroads."

on backroads lol? your car is not built for speed so why try it. im pretty sure i could keep up with you tbh. i didnt hear any mods like brakes or decent suspension or tyres so i will laugh when you come crying on here saying you slid out round the first corner straight into the front garden of your council house.

enough said. you a fool thats why you still have a 1.2 car at 21 and so many points on your licence.

its lowered on 45 konis so its stiffer and a lower centre of gravity. plus itll only spin if u take ur foot of the throttle.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
people like you make for good reading on this forum. some of your statements are really funny.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Those stupid 1.2 Turbo's.

Scott, You are an idiot, Your car will not be fast unless you change the engine, Simple as that.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Im sure we "WOOD" know what's in a 1.2 tce.

Oh and if an obstruction was to suddenly be in your path going round a bend at speed Im sure gut instinct would kick in and you'd lift off the throttle and spin out.

ITs not big and its not clever tbh and coming on the forum and asking the Q's you have is just asking for a slating tbh.

Monaco - 172
And for the record, I have probably got the slowest car in this thread :)

1.2 8v - top speed achieved.... 90mph on a hill section on the motorway, Then had to put the breaks on as I thought the wheels were going to come off. Should the 1.2 8v be able to go any bit faster than that? Possibly to 100mph or have I reached top speed?

Im sure we "WOOD" know what's in a 1.2 tce.

Oh and if an obstruction was to suddenly be in your path going round a bend at speed Im sure gut instinct would kick in and you'd lift off the throttle and spin out.

ITs not big and its not clever tbh and coming on the forum and asking the Q's you have is just asking for a slating tbh.

its all for the farts an giggles lol.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
And for the record, I have probably got the slowest car in this thread :)

1.2 8v - top speed achieved.... 90mph on a hill section on the motorway, Then had to put the breaks on as I thought the wheels were going to come off. Should the 1.2 8v be able to go any bit faster than that?
Possibly to 100mph of have I reached top speed?

mines a 1.4 8v ph1 mate. they are not built for speed but i reached top speed exactly the same speed as my mates 1.2 16v ph2. speedo was around 116-117mph no idea what the actual speed was.

Save your money, Mature, Get some NCB's then Buy an Evo, Job done, End of topic, Thread Closed

lol evos r pish y wood i spend thousands on car that needs serviced every 6000 miles or watever

btw when do u think ppl r gonna realise im totally rippin it and just wanted to see how many ppl dont appreciate sumbody tryin to make good with wat they can onli afford lol....think bak to wat ur first cars were and wat u wanted to do with them :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
my first car is what i have now mate. i havent bothered spending no money on engine modifications as it would result in no substantial gains. make it look good then stick with it for a year or 2. put you money somewhere else and get some ncb and some experience as previously stated. then you can buy something better and go faster!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
If you aspirations were sensible then the replies WOULD follow suit.
1.2's werent designed to be ragged, or go fast thats why there is the RS range.

Static Low
We do appreciate people trying to make the best of what they've got and can afford but you're on here talking about driving like a dick. Thats something WE DONT appreciate. Because people who drive like dicks are likely to cause accidents, hurt people.. in alot of cases kill people (including themselves). people who drive like dicks INCREASE our insurance premiums and people who drive like dicks could end up hurting me or more importantly someone I love. I dont appreciate it and i dont think anyone else on here appreciates it.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
yes but what advantage is a car that is designed to run on dog piss fuel going to benefit when it still believes that you are putting dog piss fuel in rather than 98ron?
its got nothin to do with wat the car believes its all mechanical with the bigger explosion the crank gets spun quicker, which makes for quicker acceleration.

ok lol! :rolleyes:

If you aspirations were sensible then the replies WOULD follow suit.
1.2's werent designed to be ragged, or go fast thats why there is the RS range.
my aspirations r my aspirations so y shood i let f**k wits determine weather they r sensible or not? im onli after advice, and ive onli had one decent response and that was the 2nd post.

We do appreciate people trying to make the best of what they've got and can afford but you're on here talking about driving like a dick. Thats something WE DONT appreciate. Because people who drive like dicks are likely to cause accidents, hurt people.. in alot of cases kill people (including themselves). people who drive like dicks INCREASE our insurance premiums and people who drive like dicks could end up hurting me or more importantly someone I love. I dont appreciate it and i dont think anyone else on here appreciates it.

how am i on here talkin about driving like a dick, the main purpise was to find out how to gain more from very little, its descended to where it has via every1 else. not just me.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
right, this is gonna sound daft but i have a 1.2 16v 2005 Clio Extreme and i wanna go faster.
so far ive added a powertec induction with cold air feed, Custom Cat back stainless steel 2.5 inch bore, lowered 45 all round and wolfrace alloys and runnin BP Ultimate :cool:
Its humped various 1.2s and three 1.4ltrs, believe it when i say 120mph from a 1.2 with 4 passengers is fookin kwik, but i need more power any ideas :)

how am i on here talkin about driving like a dick, the main purpise was to find out how to gain more from very little, its descended to where it has via every1 else. not just me.

See above bold underlined statement. you may find a slightly more constructive response if you were to talk properly, not in some wierd language.

See above bold underlined statement. you may find a slightly more constructive response if you were to talk properly, not in some wierd language.
wat language is it to u?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Its not known to have an official name. Some of it is certainly not standard english.

M2 Competition
Not much more you can do to your 1.2's engine that will make any meaningful difference out on the roads fella. Will just end up throwing your money away.

Best bet is better brakes and driving tuition.

Trust me on the last one, will make you a much smoother, safer and faster driver.

Not much more you can do to your 1.2's engine that will make any meaningful difference out on the roads fella. Will just end up throwing your money away.

Best bet is better brakes and driving tuition.

Trust me on the last one, will make you a much smoother, safer and faster driver.

ill keep it in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.