ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v new clio

Hi can anyone tell me what are the rev limilts on a new shape 1.2 16v clio.

the rev counter has no red line on to warn you .

cheers

H22A7 Accord Type R

6250ish..........dont hit it too often tho..........it breaks easily lol :oops:

H22A7 Accord Type R

i only said that as a rough estimation, to be honest, i cant really remember as i dont hit the limiter that often lol!!! it probably is a bit higher, 6300ish maybe? dunno

I duno because i remember i said something to Tom and he said it doesnt rev that high. Not sure..anyway..doesnt really matter does it..lol

H22A7 Accord Type R

it revs enough for what it is i guess........and like i say, i never hit it these days lol! best laugh is my mate.......206 lx 1.4..........green induction kit, powerflow centre section, magnex 206 gti back box (is it just me or does anyone else find all that funny???)......anyways, 5500rpm is where the power reaches its peak (same as the clio) but the clio easily pulls to the limiter, however my mate likes to go to the limiter on his, about 6500rpm.........u should feel the thing struggle beyond 6000rpm, lol, its commical! .........wait................wait.................wait............du du du du, and the limiter aint like the clio either, u know how the clio has a QUICK DUDUDU judder.........the pug is more like Duuuuuu Duuuuuuu Duuuuuu lol, probably it just letting u know granny isnt supposed to drive her lx like that? :D.........its weird! the clio might have the same power as the pug, and less torque, but the gear ratios make it feel so much more lively..............and above 80 on the motorway in 5th...........i just leave him! 120mph = 6000ish in clio, 120 = 5200ish (so he tells me) in the pug............shame it doesnt have the guts to go the rest of the way :oops:

god ive just spoken a lot of sh*te :)