ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16V TCE

Mk3 clio 1.5
Im thinking of doing a conversion from my 1.2 8V to the 1.2 16v TCE.

Now both engines looking pritty much the same. My question is are the mounts the same from a 2005-present as mine 2000 mk2.
I dont need people saying its a pointless swap, because its effiencient, good mpg and a small bost in bhp.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The physical engine should go in on your MkII mounts and I love the tCe units (We have a MkIII on the drive and it's not fast but it's better than the vvc'd K4M IMO). They not boost monsters but are really refined in they way they drive so should go well in a slightly lighter Clio II.

You may have to swap flywheels and clutch setups though as the gear selector and clutch actuator are totally different on the newer vehicles.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
There's a guy in NL doing the same swap but in his Twingo 1.
it bolts straight in!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep will bolt straight in no problems, as mick said id go for retaining your current gearbox and linkage etc or make some sort of solutuion using the twingo GT setup.

it will go well, my mate has a clio 3 TCE remapped running around the 130hp mark, and if caught off guard it will give my 200 a hard time!!!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
am i right in thinking the twingo 1.6 rs gear boxs fits straight in on the mk2 shell? someone on here has a 1.6rs twingo unit in his AG 172 rep

thats if the 1.6rs box fits the tce unit