ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v tensioner pointer moving.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Hey there,

Wonder if anyone knows if the tensioner pointer is supposed to move within the timing window when the car is running.

Let me explain, I changed the belt on my car and I tensioned the pointer to the front of the timing window by turning it anti-clockwise tightented tensioner nut to 24Nm. I then turned the engine six times then turned it clockwise to the middle of the timing window on the tensioner. When that was done I torqued up the tensioner nut to 24Nm like it specified. Now started the engine everything sounded cool etc.. then when i stopped the engine the pointer had moved to the front of the timing window again. I then proceeded to take the car out for a 15 minute spin check it again and the pointer had moved to the end of the timing window.

My question like above is the tensioner pointer supposed to move like this or is it supposed to stay within the middle like i set it to begin with?

any advice or help would be appreciated

thanks again

mavez

Phase 2 172
Make sure the two tangs (highlighted in red) are loacted properly into the grooves cut out on the side of the block, if not this will cause the tensioner to be moving about.

Capture.PNG