ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v at 17 with V6 replica bodykit

Will this be able to get insured under £1600 do people think? Original group 2/3 insurance? I have heard that Liverpool Victoria dont charge extra for mods unless they increase the cc of the engine! Reason i ask now is that i need to view the car tomorrow (2 hour drive away) and i dont want to go view and consider purchasing if theres no chance of me getting insured. Plus, insurance companies arent open on sundays to call. If anyone here is 17 and got a bodykit on their new shape clio, please reply. Also anyone else with any input.

Many thanks.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

yes thats the one i was thinking about !!! was on there ages ago!!! looked ok has the potential to have a good engine upgrade!!!

Yes it is the satin black one, has been on ebay. Anyone know anything about my insurance queries?

[Edited by Spammy on 02 October 2004 at 7:15pm]

Ring them Up liverpool Victoriia are fine with and mods so long as they know about them and they dont increase the cc of the engine.

Also try More Than they allow any mods so long as they dont make the car faster.

Ill be calling up some companies next week, want to see which cars ill be able to insure etc. Dci 80 may be a chance! Gone off the idea of the V6 now due to it being too far away, and getting unwanted attention from theives!

So liverpool vic wouldnt charge extra for a remap/exhaust/induction kit etc?!

PS: edde, do you know what the dcis sound like with exhausts or induction kits?

You need to be over 25 to insure wiht liverpool victoria now.

Try CIS, they are fine with almost any mods, just tell them its a boduykit, dont tell them what

Oh... Weird (liverpool victoria). CIS being co-operative? Ill also have pass plus under my belt which should help!

Im with Liverpool Vic and Im 21 mate! Joined up in June so dunno where you heard that from!
Ive got full zorst system, springs etc etc and they dont charge any extra...

Im with liv vic and im 21 too so you not right on that one! sorry mate

very true you can do any mods so long as it doesnt increase the cc. I even asked about a turbo/super charger conversion and they said will it change the engine capacity? I said no but it will increase the power, the bloke said its just done on capacity so no extra charge but not sure if i believe him!!!

I rang them up last month for a quote (22 yrs old) and they said the modification deal still stood.

CIS are good but particularly if your not the main driver.

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 03 October 2004

So liverpool vic wouldnt charge extra for a remap/exhaust/induction kit etc?!
PS: edde, do you know what the dcis sound like with exhausts or induction kits?
Yep LV should be fine with those mods so long as they know about them.

No idea on better sounding exhaust etc I prefere a quiet car there arnt many mods out for the dci though like this there is an panel filter but thats it as far as I know.

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 03 October 2004

You need to be over 25 to insure wiht liverpool victoria now.

Try CIS, they are fine with almost any mods, just tell them its a boduykit, dont tell them what
18 all mods declared with liverpool victoria:D