ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My White 1.2 172 Replica!

Mk3 clio 1.5
So I've decided to go down the route of the 172. I know people say it's not worth the money etc. etc. I honeslty dont care, with a claim against my name, and a young driver, it expesive enough insuring a 1.2. I want the looks not the speed! so think before you post.

The car is a 1.2 MK2 PH1 Grande. Nothing special, just a cheap run about.
Car was bought completly standard and 1 previous owner.

Current mods so far:
Ultra White Xeon Headlights.
Ultra white sidelights
White interior lighting
White Number plate light.
Upgraded Head Unit.
Black Front and back badges.
Induction kit.

Mods to come:
Straight thorugh stainless including piper backbox and decat.
Alloys (been purchased next weekend)
172 bodykit including side skirts, front/back bumper, arches (Purchased next weekend)
172/182 half leather interior
Dual Optics
Cold air feed through fog light holders.
lowered 50mm front 60mm back.
Tinted back windows
Tinted rear lights
mirror caps
aero wipers
smoked side repeaters
mk2 ph2 exterior side trims (1.2 or 16v bullets)
custom boot build.

Pics will be up soon :)

RS 182 CUP
seen the white one on the front cover of "Fast Car" or "Redline"? cant remember which one but just a couple mnths ago

Mk3 clio 1.5
this one?
416171135_370.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
cheers guys. picking up alloys and bodykit tommorow :D not in a rush to sort it, so its not going to be a bodge.

F4R mk2 ph2
You could do the other way around, heard of a lion on sheep skin! An F4R engine with the body of a 1.2 :D

Clio 1.4 RT
Would Phase 2 tailights fit on a Phase 1? Was thinking of doing that to mine because i think they look better.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Would Phase 2 tailights fit on a Phase 1? Was thinking of doing that to mine because i think they look better.

Yes they fit stright on but you have to do a very small amount of fiddling with the wiring. There is a Guide up on here for full members IIRC

Mk3 clio 1.5
You could do the other way around, heard of a lion on sheep skin! An F4R engine with the body of a 1.2 :D

haha, yeah will be my next project, but until insurance goes down, not much can be done performance wise :(

yeah they fit fine, but as said, few changes to bulb holder wiring. going to be smoking mne black anyway but we'l see how it looks.

182 Turbo Project
Tyre shine needed!!!!

Will look good when the 172 kit is on.

What you going to be lowering the car with? Coilovers yeah?

Mk3 clio 1.5
Tyre shine needed!!!!

Will look good when the 172 kit is on.

What you going to be lowering the car with? Coilovers yeah?
haha, i'l give it a clean and some tyre dressing soon. thinking 50mm on front and 60mm and back, and yeah coilovers.

Mk3 clio 1.5
bit of a update, refurb is finished :) front fogs added in meantime until 172 bumper is finished been re-painted.

2011-07-28190102.jpg

Grande 1.2
cant believe your spending all that money buying, painting, and fitting a 172 bumper to a 1.2!!

:approve:will look sweet though!

Mk3 clio 1.5
cant believe your spending all that money buying, painting, and fitting a 172 bumper to a 1.2!!

:approve:will look sweet though!
all that money! this has been done on a budget, full kit and alloys cost me £240 paints etc. £52 <£300 for conversion.