ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8V Engine

Ph-Sold!

Are there any air filters or induction kits that would fit my 1.2 8v Grande (late Mk2). I know it wont make any real difference to the perfomance but Id love the look and sound :D

Someone here mustve done something useful with the engine lol

Ive got a k&n on my 1.2 8v,I havent had it on there that long.It doesnt do alot but it does give the car a bit of a grunt but dont get to carryed away,It will be better if youve also got a full s/s exhaust.;)

Ph-Sold!

Clioboy,

Whereabouts you get yours from? Does it look the part? I might well consider this if my gear box isnt trashed :(

Quote: Originally posted by Timmy! on 18 October 2003

Clioboy,

Whereabouts you get yours from? Does it look the part? I might well consider this if my gear box isnt trashed :(
I got mine from nosh clio (another member from cliosport.net)looks and sounds o.k,I dont know how to put photos up on here but if you want to have a look just click on my homepage and go to my clio mtv2.theres some reacent photos on there.sorry to here about you gearbox.Is it under warranty?:eek:

Ph-Sold!

That does look VERY sweet :D Definately have to look into getting my hands on that!

Ive only had the car for 6 weeks (done 2.5k in it since mind), got 4/5 months left on its warrenty too, and was sending it in to have the sunroof rattle checked so will get them to concentrate on the box instead, hopefully theyll find something anyway cos it cant be healthy!

Tim

Hey, your engine looks different to mine, yet it should be the same?

Odd.. different cover for one thing... infact,its, well, different.

timmy-hope you get your gearbox sorted and find a k&n,have a look on ebay if your bored (theres some cool stuff on there and cheap)thanks for the comment.

daz-got any pics of yours ?,and is yours a 1.2 8v and not 16v?

Audi S3 225

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 19 October 2003

Hey, your engine looks different to mine, yet it should be the same?

Odd.. different cover for one thing... infact,its, well, different.
Daz your car is the old shape isnt it, ive seen some pics of it looks well smart. The engines in the late mk2 1.2 8vs must have been changed as my m8 has a 98 shape clio with a 1.2 8v engine which is different to my engine, his one is probably the same as yours.

Mine is 2001 Y reg so is one of the last clio mk2s, Ive seen many new shape clios with Y reg plates.

Allan

Jonesy, thanks! Yea mines a Mk1, Phase3.. which would be the same engine as the 98 Clio2 your mate has for sure.

I think Jonesy´s engine is the evo-version of the D7F which has the catalyst directly at the engine (and not at the floor) and a lelectric throttle.

regards

Oliver

Ph-Sold!

Mines a very late Y plate Mk2 as well, Does that evo-engine have any real differences to the older ones Oliver? Whats the point of putting the cat at the engine?

Tim