ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio mini-project (newbie)

Yep thats right, he bought a new bumper which IS a PH3 bumper. You cant put the ph3 inserts into a ph1/ph2 bumper so you know as well.

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
so is the ph3 bumper have inserts that are body coloured and smoothed plastic ? ? and dont come out with dotted look ing ?

No. ph3 still have inserts which are NOT colour coded, they are black honeycomb effect still. These will mostlikey of either been sanded or s**t load of filler primer used. Mine have been done the same, and i believe filler primer was used and they came out smooth. (although they are cracking now)

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
i will be giving this a try soon as i bought a spare pare of inserts
do you have a photo of the cracks is this due to weather wear ?

due to the filler primer i believe and then down to stones attacking it when out. Also i had a though that someone might of hit it with their car and pressed it in, causing the moulding to bend and crack the paint.

Monaco
IMG_3308.jpg

I should probably have done this a while ago but this project is no more.

I've cheated on this one with another woman (see here)

All I can say is there' s no going back. This car was and still is a great little run around and is outliving all my parents more expensive cars (1.2 ftw). However I did my time, drove it for 3 years and bought my upgrade.

Most parts removed and sold. She stands with the 172 interior, colour coded and some dynamique alloys. Standard suspension, induction, sound system, you get the point.

I'm still happy to answer any questions on it - so long as the answer is not already in the thread *cough*haigferguson*cough*

blanked.jpg

Monaco
Dont think i caught it but what alloys did you put on? didnt see it when i read this, yesterday.

It's been through 3 sets: 15" mk3 expression/ripcurl alloys, 15" renault 25 (V6 turbo) wheels that are older than me, and 15" dynamique pre-facelift jobbies to finish.

:)

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
i did read your full thread was confused at why he was saying the ph3 inserts dont fit the ph2 bumper you never mentioned anything about that in your thread

It's been through 3 sets: 15" mk3 expression/ripcurl alloys, 15" renault 25 (V6 turbo) wheels that are older than me, and 15" dynamique pre-facelift jobbies to finish.

:)

Was looking at these. assume they are the v6 turbo ones? what profile tyre is being run on these. really like the look of them. Still got them ;)

Hmm, ill ask him about that. I dont really want to pay what hes asking as im not sure they will look how i want them too. Quite a steep price considering he got them for £120.

FF RB 182
It's me that selling them! im gutted to be selling them after putting so much money into them. im moving into a flat with 'the boss' a need to claw back some money and seen as ill be selling the car soon it makes sense to sell them while the tyres are so new. I believe the price is fair, however totally my bad for not including the buckle part in the decription its so minor i forgot. I have now revised this on the description. hope that clears things up a bit.... ps. sorry for hijackin your thread jack :eek:

Monaco
ps. sorry for hijackin your thread jack :eek:

It's all right man!

tbh it inst even a buckle, the wheel is still straight and true, It's a dent, doesnt affect anything other than it needs a bit more balancing. I just found it funny that you neglected to mention it and wrote that you were trying to be honest! You're still more honest than 99% of ebayers out there. My dad just bought a set of wheels that were "good condition," one is almost split in half!

Wish i'd bothered to put those tyres on. They look mint! and can't believe they're not going on either! they'd suit black non-sport so well! I suppose Woman>car in the end tho :p

It's me that selling them! im gutted to be selling them after putting so much money into them. im moving into a flat with 'the boss' a need to claw back some money and seen as ill be selling the car soon it makes sense to sell them while the tyres are so new. I believe the price is fair, however totally my bad for not including the buckle part in the decription its so minor i forgot. I have now revised this on the description. hope that clears things up a bit.... ps. sorry for hijackin your thread jack :eek:

Yeah i totally understand where your coming from. Im just not conviced that ill like them and also which that profile tyre makes me even more cautions to spend £260 notes. :(
To be fair i had no idea that they had a ding in them until jack said, and then after looking at the pictures, and also jacks from when he sold them on here i honestly cant find anything but im not sure where im looking.

Monaco
Yeah i totally understand where your coming from. Im just not conviced that ill like them and also which that profile tyre makes me even more cautions to spend £260 notes. :(
To be fair i had no idea that they had a ding in them until jack said, and then after looking at the pictures, and also jacks from when he sold them on here i honestly cant find anything but im not sure where im looking.

I would not let the dent or the profile of the tyres put you off?

Tyres:
Are a really nice profile, brand new and a decent make. So the only problem I can see you are thinking of is that your speedo would be out? but it would only be another 3-4% on a speedo that's nigh on 10% over in the first place.

Dent:
I was not told about it when buying the wheels. Being a perfectionist I got it checked out by well respected chain "National Tyres." The guy there didn't look at it twice. The wheel is still straight and true this is litereally a dent in the middle of the rim. Beind in the middle it does not even affect the central axis of rotation. It is not a buckle. It will never be an issue.

IMO the wheels are definitely worth £200+ and I'm pretty jealous I don;t own them now cos that profile of tyre is awesome.

clio 2000 1.4 Sport
I think you done well There buddy great read car looked much betteronce done I liked all the things you done too it I like tints in rear but some people don't. front bottom lights look good on these cars too

cheers for sharing your work