ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 dynamique AC or diesel?

saving for a house now so chopping in the mini cooper s for a cheap pto run/insure small engined car. came across the 1.2 dynamique ac a few days back and now considering going to buy one this weekend... are there any common faults with them? would you recommend them?

also just read a thrad on here that mentions the dci 80/100, they are slightly more expensive to buy but are they worth it?

the dynamique i have found is a 2004 plate with 41k miles, in that red thats sort of looks like flamer, 1 owner for £2995, is that a decent price?

Listerine & Poledo
can you not get a dci with air-con?

Personal opinion - I wouldn't buy a car without an air-chiller, even a soft-top!

TT 225+
i've got a 1.2. No problems with it, on 37k and its fine. 320 miles to a tank, but i do boot it lol.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Don't go for the 100 IMO, you'll most likely end up comprimising on too much because there's only about three of them been made. The 80 is a peach, loads about, loads of spares and the gearknob doesn't look like a sex toy.

media.jpg

2004 RENAULT CLIO 1.2 16V Dynamique 3dr Hatchback, 49k miles...... £2300

hmmm it seems to be missing bumper trim?!

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
a small diesel is going to be more civilised than a small petrol.

but after playing the autotrader game, yeah, it may be hard to find a good one that hasn't been 'round the world within the price range you've looked at

yea only want to spend 3500 max really as every spare penny i have is going towards house :D ive been plpaying the autotrader game as well as the ebay game and pistonhead game for a few days lol

320d
Sounds decent. Check service history etc.

Tbh for that sort of money i'd be looking at something like a diesel mondeo. Can get them for £3500 with around 80K miles on 04/05 plates with fsh.

Will do 50ish mpg and be a hell of a lot better built than a Clio and not a great deal more to run. Suposed to be a decent drive too.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Out of the two, I'd pick the dci 80 if I was buying a MK2 Clio again. Hated the 1.2. Is A/C essential? I could count on one hand the number of times I have used it in the past year. I suppose it's nice having it though, just in case.

no way do i want a mondeo lol! looked into diesel clios as still a small car, dont want to buy some shitter with high milege, lower milege the better really.

garage have said 3650, but when i go to view it ill try get them down to 3500. :)

I had a Ph1 1.2 8v and upgraded to the Ph2 1.2 16v Dynamique and there is a noticable power difference even though they are still 1.2 engines.

It is sluggish compared to my mates cars (1.4 Corsa, 1.4 Astra) but then you can expect that with them being bigger engined. It is still nippy for the size. Feels alot more together than my old oneand even at 91k, everything still feels tight and smooth as if it was still brand new.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nope:

Model CLIO DYNAMIQ...
Engine Size 1461 cc
Engine Model K9K712
Manufactured 2004
Registered 19-10-2004
Transmission MANUAL
Colour GREEN