ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Dynamique turbo

clio 1.2 turbo
well its a 57plate with 3400 miles on the clock so i dont really want to change engine,

will an ecu remap not make much diff even though its a turbo?

Evo
mk3?

Didnt know they did a 1.2 turbo, isit quick? I've driven the 1.4 turbo and i was amazed how quick it was.

Exhaust and filter, get things flowing abit quicker...

Evo
Mark 1 > Mark 2 ph1 > Mark 2 ph2 > Mark 3 :rasp:

Unless you got that new Clio with the facelifted front that looks like a van.

Evo
Best way to make a car go faster... Strip the back seats out.

I know someone on here who has a std 1.4 that can out drag a Saxo VTR cos its stripped. Free performance.

Evo
Oh my, this should get interesting.

Sorry are members with 1.2s not allowed to modify their cars lol?

We've all been there, its just a stepping stone. I hate the way some people on this site look down on members modifying the 1.2s and 1.4s.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

We've all been there, its just a stepping stone. I hate the way some people on this site look down on members modifying the 1.2s and 1.4s.

Good on ya.. its our hard earned cash not theirs :eek:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

That's not what he was talking about. Also, I'm interested to learn more about this 1.4 turbo Clio you have driven...

Evo
Does it have a plastic inlet manifold or aluminium?

Renaults always respond well to abit of inlet matching.

Like said before Exhaust and air filter. Decat if you can cos turbo'd engines hate a cat convertor :rasp:

ST

Exactly Alan! So shh :)!

Look n0obs, i was actually meaning this is gonna get interesting with the suggestions that people put, but just because i can, f*ck you all, i have an R27 ;)

Shed.
Does it have a plastic inlet manifold or aluminium?

Renaults always respond well to abit of inlet matching.

Like said before Exhaust and air filter. Decat if you can cos turbo'd engines hate a cat convertor :rasp:

IIRC the full engine is made form plastic ???

Evo
Ok, coilovers or gas suspension kit, decent disc at pad set up for the front, exhaust/decat, DONE.

You can often make a car go faster without even touching the engine.

As said suspension and brake mods are cheaper and more effective, people are just corrupted by horsepower :evil:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Now that i look back on it, you can go 2 ways with the clio/RS range.

1/ Cosmetic. - Personal taste, Lowering, wheels, 4 pots(performance also) DONE

2/ Performance (Ignore non RS models) - Strip it making it loud/uncomfy/ a pain in the ass to drive with track set coils/ pads etc.

Balls in your court, with a 1.2 I'd be cleaning it and pumping the spare change into high end hookers, "Far more of a buzz"

ST
So true on a relatively small N/A engine you won't get much, sh1t you only get about 10-15bhp from the 2.0 by spending well over a grand..

W

Willy

Mark 1 > Mark 2 ph1 > Mark 2 ph2 > Mark 3 :rasp:

Unless you got that new Clio with the facelifted front that looks like a van.

Mark 1 > Mark 2 ph2 > Mark 2 ph2 > Mark 2 ph3 > Mark 3

ph3 has the same bumper as mine. Not bitching, just wanted to let you all know :p

320d
Coilovers to improve the boat like handling as standard.

Decat and exhaust, an IK setup and then a remap. That should be good for around 125-130bhp on a sensible map.

Then you can go down the stripping route etc if wanted.

clio 1.2 turbo
Had a remap done running 127 now, can feel a bit of a diff, going for de-cat and filter next week

someone said upgrade the turbo but i think that will f**k te engine

Black 172 PH2
Brakes and suspension is what you want, will make so much difference.

Just to add, the mark 1 clio came in 3 phases
the mark 2 came in 2 phases (not including Campus so you could call it phase 3 if you like)
the mark 3 is now in its 2nd phase.