ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Front Grille Alarm Switch hole

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
This may be a silly question, but I've got a replacement upper front grille for the bodyshop to replace when I have my front bumper resprayed, but there isn't the hole for the UK spec alarm switch. Does anyone have a spare grille lying around that they could measure the hole for the alarm switch please, so I know what size to drill, or does it clip into something else so the size doesn't matter?
Don't want to accidentally make it too big and not be able to clip the alarm switch into it if that makes any sense.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This may be a silly question, but I've got a replacement upper front grille for the bodyshop to replace when I have my front bumper resprayed, but there isn't the hole for the UK spec alarm switch. Does anyone have a spare grille lying around that they could measure the hole for the alarm switch please, so I know what size to drill, or does it clip into something else so the size doesn't matter?
Don't want to accidentally make it too big and not be able to clip the alarm switch into it if that makes any sense.

It's only a small hole for cable to pop through isn't it?
Body shop should be able to line it up from the slam panel underneath and drill.
I'm sure it's got a 1 inch shroud around it too

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, may be best left to the bodyshop then, I don't fancy messing with getting the old grille off without removing the front bumper.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a go tomorrow, I figure the more I can do instead of leaving to the bodyshop the better, not the end of the world if not though.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the help, had to contort my hand around the airbox but I did get the switch unplugged and out quite easily. Hole measured (~20mm) and drilled in the new grille, ready for the bodyshop.