ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/2 Green 16 Valve

These flip/chameleon paint jobs that you see about alot these days, is it possible to just lay a flip on top of an existing colour.

If you had a blue car for instance, could the flip colour (green, purple etc) just be put over the top?

Is this just crazy talk?

It is possable.
Wouldnt be like the proper flip paints tho.
All it is is a pearl put in the laqure.
Its not that cheap tho.
Mel has it on her clio.

Not cheap like what?

I dont really know how much these things cost, but im thinking that a proper flip job would be mega bucks.

Maybe worth it if the original paint was done for, but mines in pretty good knick.

Mel, are you out there? How much did this cost & how good does it look?

BMW 320d Sport

Steve there was a thing in a mag a couple of months ago about the Rage paints that can just be put over the top of existing paintwork to give you a flip. I think there were only a couple that were suitable for a metallic blue, one that flipped purple and one that went green.

I got everything for one price so not sure how much for just a spray job. The paint on my car was falling off before so it needed to be resprayed anyway. With mine the actual paint is flip paint. Im not really much help am I? Ill try and find out where it came from and how much??
I want pink glitter put into mine now sprayed on with clear lacquer - what do ya reckon?

Mel
Are you sure yours is the paint?
It looks like pink pearl put over a white car?
Regarding the glitter/flakes dont do it. I hate cars with glittery paint work! Matter of taste i guess tho.

When i bought my GTI-R they guy who sold it to me had one (a GTI-R)that was (as best as i can describe) the colour of pink glittery nail varnish!! It was affectionatly called Pinky and was running something like 350bhp! A Pity it was nicked after about 2 weeks!!

The paint was pearl white with a pink flip, theres a range of base colours and you can pick the colour flip it comes from a one off colour chart from autodynamics, hell give you a price for the job! www.autodynamics.org.uk

Thanks for the info mel, ill have a look into it.

Hey Wozza! I wasnt expecting to find many other ex GTI-R owners with clios, even burnt ones. Mine wasnt knicked though, it was thrashed to within an inch of its life, and then thrashed about 8 feet more. Doh