ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 plastics at bottom of windscreen????

Mine seem to be a little loose, i can get my fingers between them and the windscreen.
Are they supposed to be slightly loose or fitted tightly against the bottom of the screen? If so how?

Also one of the rubber strips has come away slighly at the top of the windscreen where it meets the roof rubber strips, is this a glue job or a new rubber needed?
And is it a common fault on 1*2, leading to internal leaks?
No sign of mine leaking any water yet, but i wanna sort it before it does and get the car mint as i am a perfectionist lol

RB FF 182
Hi Pal!

My plastic at the bottom of my windscreen isn't exactly flush, it's actually in two sections and all that's holding it in is a coulpe of clips either side, and obviously the wiper arms prevent it from coming up and away!

In regards to the rubber strip on the windscreen mines a little loose, then I had a new windscreen fitted and it corrected it (not suggesting you need to do that! lol) I have never had any leaks etc... it's the same on my Mum's 1.2, and my friends had a couple of 172's with this problem. I suppose neatly applying some black silicone sealer wouldn't hurt if it's bugging you??