ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Project - ted48

Parents bought this for me yesterday, it is completely standard, 1.2, 02 reg clio. PH2 i believe? anyway, i am new to clio's and can't wait to start modifying it! (Please please please dont tell me to not bother)

Can anyone recommend me some things to start doing to it? Thanks guys, this is my first post on this forum, so hopefully I'll feel welcome!
(Used to own a corsa C, but got banned for dangerous driving for 3 years in 2013, unfortunately, so here i am with my second car and waiting untul September when my ban expires.)

Attachments

• IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1081.JPG
    IMG_1081.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
Looks tidy mate, as for what to do only you know that. If it was me I'd just put subtle lowering springs on and keep it tidy.
Thank you buddy. Paid 600 for it, got a steal to be fair. Problems i know of include a leaking sunroof (quite common i believe?) and when in some gears the gear stick jumps back a tiny bit (engine/gearbox mounts i believe?) as for them problems everything else is fine. After them problems are fixed, in the next week or so i will start modifying it. I just want some advice, i wouldn't mind making it look like a sport, but is quite costly isnt it?

Clio 172
Not too hard to do a sport rep, but I think it's a bit pointless. Cost £200-300 in bumpes, wings and skirts. £150-200 on wheels and about £200 on interior and steering wheel. As for your problems you seem to have diagnosed them, so just a case of doing them. Only thing I'd say is I'm in the middle of doing it on my DCI is it maybe more than just the sun roof leaking

Not too hard to do a sport rep, but I think it's a bit pointless. Cost £200-300 in bumpes, wings and skirts. £150-200 on wheels and about £200 on interior and steering wheel. As for your problems you seem to have diagnosed them, so just a case of doing them. Only thing I'd say is I'm in the middle of doing it on my DCI is it maybe more than just the sun roof leaking
Could you recommend any parts I'm struggling to find stuff, is there not many parts for clios, can't see many exhausts systems and stuff, demon tweets there is one for example, what back boxes and stuff would you recommend?
*demon tweaks

Clio 172
Demon tweaks are normally expensive. Never looked for a 1.2 but I'd just Google search or get a custom one made. What you wanting to do?

Demon tweaks are normally expensive. Never looked for a 1.2 but I'd just Google search or get a custom one made. What you wanting to do?
Get a few things, sport grill, fogs/driving lights at the bottom as you can see mine are covered over, are they extra headlights or fogs? I've just bought some rota grids wheels, coilovers, exhaust system, only back box though, and other recommendations really, de badge de wiper back possibly..

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Get some new numberplates made up, the ones on there are starting to delaminate and will let down any other efforts you make towards improving the looks.
Clear side repeaters, fogs, colour code some of the black plastics. I wouldn't do much more.

Get some new numberplates made up, the ones on there are starting to delaminate and will let down any other efforts you make towards improving the looks.
Clear side repeaters, fogs, colour code some of the black plastics. I wouldn't do much more.
Thanks mate, how easy is it to colour code the black plastic? And I'm going to get some fogs. Also ordered a couple of Cliosport stickers from the store lol

@Jakewilliams
Yours is a ph2 buddy, if you google search a ph3 you'll see the change in bumper. They also made a ph3 in the same colour as yours.

Turinis are a model of wheel made by speedline. They where standard spec on higher models of Clio such as the cup and trophy.

Coilovers are a nice upgrade. They can make your ride rather stiff and sometimes uncomfortable. But in my opinion it's worth the compromise.

@Jakewilliams
Yours is a ph2 buddy, if you google search a ph3 you'll see the change in bumper. They also made a ph3 in the same colour as yours.

Turinis are a model of wheel made by speedline. They where standard spec on higher models of Clio such as the cup and trophy.

Coilovers are a nice upgrade. They can make your ride rather stiff and sometimes uncomfortable. But in my opinion it's worth the compromise.
Wow, thank you for the educated reply. You live and learn, would the ph2 bumper go straight on then? Gonna look into this now, thank you. And I've already ordered some rota grids :p so too late for that now hah! Cheers mate!

@Jakewilliams

I'm happy to help buddy!
The ph3 bumper would fit straight into your ph2.

I do like rota grids, and I've never seen them on a non sport in this colour. So that'll be interesting to see.
What size have you gone for?

Cory.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Try eBay for parts or become a member on here and use the for sale section lots of guides in there too. I saved my memberships fee in cheap parts within 15 minutes no word of a lie

Clio 172
I just googled it as I never knew and someone on the DCI fotum has done a list of all the differences. Google Clio mk2 ph3 its 2nd post I think

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to the club mate.

Banned until Sept? A lot of time to work on the car. I'm assuming insurance is going to r*pe you enough as it is so I wouldn't do too much as I assume you're going to be declaring it all?

Welcome to the club mate.

Banned until Sept? A lot of time to work on the car. I'm assuming insurance is going to r*pe you enough as it is so I wouldn't do too much as I assume you're going to be declaring it all?
Thanks , I have to admit I do feel welcome already! and yeahp, unfortunately so :(
You live and learn anyways. and aye, i'll declare the visible modifications such as wheels and possibly coilovers :p but as for interior stuff i shan't bother. or do i risk it all? who knows.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Thanks , I have to admit I do feel welcome already! and yeahp, unfortunately so 😧
You live and learn anyways. and aye, i'll declare the visible modifications such as wheels and possibly coilovers :tongueout: but as for interior stuff i shan't bother. or do i risk it all? who knows.
I wouldn't risk not declaring any of it to be honest. You'll already be flagged up and if an insurance policy is void on you because certain things weren't declared then I can see it costing you £xxxxx to insure a skateboard in the near future.

Got to suck it up mate. You need this policy to be absolutely bomb proof. If you forget to declare anything then most insurers will probably refuse to insure you in the future.
Got to suck it up mate. You need this policy to be absolutely bomb proof. If you forget to declare anything then most insurers will probably refuse to insure you in the future.
urgh, I hate life sometimes..

Clio 172
Sweet my DCI is a ph3 lol.

I was banned mate before I passed my test, don't ask. The way I looked at it, I was paying £2k+ to insure when average insurance then was sub £1k. I wanted nice cars but didn't want to pay any more than I had to, never declared anything, after three years sent my licence off come back clean and stopped declaring them too. It's your risk, I took it and got away with it. You got to way up if you think it's worth it. Chance of getting caught, not very probable but if you get caught, you get fooked.

Sweet my DCI is a ph3 lol.

I was banned mate before I passed my test, don't ask. The way I looked at it, I was paying £2k+ to insure when average insurance then was sub £1k. I wanted nice cars but didn't want to pay any more than I had to, never declared anything, after three years sent my licence off come back clean and stopped declaring them too. It's your risk, I took it and got away with it. You got to way up if you think it's worth it. Chance of getting caught, not very probable but if you get caught, you get fooked.
Damn, that sucks brother. I'm just mulling things over in my head, what happens when you get caught then? Banned again..? :(

Clio 172
It all depends, as for as I know if your car is insured its legal no matter what you've said to the insures. Told that by my copper friend. But, if you have a crash or similar and the insurance company find out you have undeclared mods, your insurer will void your insurance you will then be uninsured and in a whole heap of s**t. But a friend of mine had a teg type r with different wheels, lowered and even a different engine (k20) and guy come to look at the damage. Didn't say a word and insurance paid out. Just one of them mate

It all depends, as for as I know if your car is insured its legal no matter what you've said to the insures. Told that by my copper friend. But, if you have a crash or similar and the insurance company find out you have undeclared mods, your insurer will void your insurance you will then be uninsured and in a whole heap of s**t. But a friend of mine had a teg type r with different wheels, lowered and even a different engine (k20) and guy come to look at the damage. Didn't say a word and insurance paid out. Just one of them mate
It's a tough situation for me, don't fancy leaving it standard, only going to put coilovers and wheels on, but that would be expensive to declare, might just have to wing it and pay high insurance prices, but we will see what happens

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Clios don't sit well with anything above 16s,
Coilovers and wheels shouldn't effect your insurance very much at all
I declared
Lowered
Air filter
Remap
Matched inlets
Full exsaust
Spacers