ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 to 1.4 engine help

My little 1.2 Clio engine has gone bang so i am going to put a 1.4 engine in it. I need to know what i need to change over from the 1.2 to engine and what can stay the same. I need lots of help as i dont know the first thing. Im getting the engine put in for free tho. I basically need a dummies guide, like can i keep the same gear box e.c.t Also should i uprate the brakes, theres a 16v clio inn a scrappy near me, will them brakes go on my 1.2. This is all for a mark 1.. Any help is apriciated and i needs lots of it,

Thanks in advance matt

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the 1.2 and 1.4 are virtually the same.the brakes are most likely the same as well.just fit the 1.4 and you can use the original gearbox,exhaust etc.

think its a straight swap, the 1.2 might not have a silencer in the exhaust, about the only different and but wont need to add one either.

But yeah get the 16v brakes anyway!