ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Dynamique or 172

Im thinking of selling my 2 litre corsa now (if anyone is interested let me know) to get a Clio !

Anyway.... im pondering on whether to get the 1.4 Dynamique which is obviously cheaper and also cheaper on insurance OR go for it and spend a bit more and get the 172 !

Without all the silly replies, is it really worth going that little extra to get the 172 ? or stick with the 1.4 ?

Take them both for a drive.

Id think if you like the 2.0 Corsa power a 172 is the only way to go a172 should be sligtly quicker than a 2.0 unless you had a few mods or a 2.0 turbo.

Id go for a 172 personally for the extras you get ie CC better brakes suspension etc.

^^^ I doubt a 172 would be much faster if any even over a standard 2.0 engine. But dont go for the 1.4, I have one, they are pretty sh*t on fuel consumption, (no better than a 172 imo) I get about 33 mg average from mine. Plus they are pretty slow i think. 172, or civic type r :D mmmmmmm...

Clio Phase II 16V

Greg,

Your better off getting a 172 as it will be around the same peformance as your corsa however you will have the benefit of being able to negotiate corners !!!!

You could always get a williams :devilish:

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

If you get the 1.4 you will deep down want a 172 and you wont be happy with it, so just get the 172.

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 03 November 2004

^^^ I doubt a 172 would be much faster if any even over a standard 2.0 engine. But dont go for the 1.4, I have one, they are pretty sh*t on fuel consumption, (no better than a 172 imo) I get about 33 mg average from mine. Plus they are pretty slow i think. 172, or civic type r :D mmmmmmm...
33mpg, I get 42.7 out of mine.

What makes you think about having a 1.4? I dont see the point in the 1.4..its a half way house..either go for something economical or go for something performance biased, not in the middle.

The new Clio is getting on a bit now, i would only consider the Sport models as worthwhile purchases (brand new).

-Rob

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by UKFLAVA.COM on 04 November 2004

cheers guys !

whats that Adamf ?
Fabia VRS? Its a 1.9 diesel Skoda hatchback. Basically a Polo with an Audi engine. Quite powerful with a remap and youll still be running 50mpg.

Or you could buy my Cup.

For what its worth - the Vrs is getting fantastic reviews from all the press Ive seen. Not lightning away from standing start - but in gear acceleration is supposed to be outstanding. Build quality etc is also sorted (thanks to VW group influence)

http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=21060http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=21060

Was wondering about one myself, but they are still over the £10k mark. If youve got that kind of budget - and you are obviously looking at economy - you could do worse than to at least look at them.....

IMO of course - Me? Am looking forward to coming back from holiday in a few weeks so I can seriously look for (and get) my 172 !!

Flash:)

What about the DCI100 instead? Obviously you will get low insurance with the 1.4, less initial cost and low road tax but I dont think you will be happy with the performance compared to a 2L clio. Depends what you want and why you are getting rid of the corsa. Of-course having a 2L is a cop magnet and is likley to earn you a few points if your not careful.

RB 182

I know what you mean, when you look at a clio thats not a sport its usually a 1.2 or sometimes a 1.6 but hardly ever a 1.4.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

1.4 or 172 - let me think here....

im 20 and went for the 182, costing me shed loads more than a 1.4 on insurance alone - but to me its what i want, so its worth it. you gotta think what you want. the performance difference between the 2 is pretty big, as is the insurance. if u got a LET corsa, id get a 172, ull b dis heartend with the 1.4 mate. either way - you will have fun im sure.

Iceburg 172FF

I love my 1.4 and its really nippy... that is compared to my old 1.0l nissan micra :D Go with the 172, ive never driven one but if i could afford the insurance i would have definetely gone with one of them myself. That said I love my 1.4, great little car :)