ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile RWYB day. 08/07/12

As the title says ... After recently attending a RWYB day at Shakespeare county raceway, I couldn't help but want another go!

The next RWYB day to be held at shakespeare is 08/07/12.

I think tickets are £15 on the gate and unlimited runs up the strip £25

Anyone game?

535d / t5 caravelle
Thats the helmet i have for racing and i really like it. are you going to this Dave
t

sure i've asked before, but what times do you get up the strip? and what terminal? seem to remember 12.9 ish? think it was you lol?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Thats the helmet i have for racing and i really like it. are you going to this Dave

Not sure mate, i'm not sure my sump tank would pass scrutineering at the minute,
if they looked under my car they'd see nothing but wet oil all over the sump and gear linkage.

It's only a very slight leak, but every time the car get's up to temp what's on there runs. :dapprove:
I guess I could wipe it all off and find a new sump guard to hide it all. lol

I've got the second half of my insurance to pay for next month aswell,
another £240 on the car before I get anything else fixed.

big boost cup
Not sure mate, i'm not sure my sump tank would pass scrutineering at the minute,
if they looked under my car they'd see nothing but wet oil all over the sump and gear linkage.

It's only a very slight leak, but every time the car get's up to temp what's on there runs. :dapprove:
I guess I could wipe it all off and find a new sump guard to hide it all. lol

I've got the second half of my insurance to pay for next month aswell,
another £240 on the car before I get anything else fixed.

Bummer about the oil leak. just cover it up and carry on:quiet:
was going to try and get some pics of it from somebody who knows what they are doing with a camera

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I could do, it doesn't get through much oil or drip that much, so I could just clean it and cover it up. :evil:

Seeing as Shakespeare raceway is pay on the day, I might still go for a laugh.
Depends how poor I am at the time.

Clio 172
I know I'm new here but you guys are seriously recommending hiding an oil leak and then take the car racing!!!!

Ignoring the dangers of dropping oil on track, but that is just gunna end up in killing your engine, get it fixed properly

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It's the smallest weep from the sump gasket, it hardly ever drips, the engine hardly ever needs topping up,
it's just residual oil on the sump and gear linkage.

If I wiped it all off and put a sump guard on it woudn't drip on anything.

I'd get it fixed now if I hadn't just spent £200 on a new rad last week, and £450 in insurance this month.

TBH it's unlikly i'll even go, i've ran out of money for things like fun.

Last edited:
  535d / t5 caravelle
f**k me! that must be crazy without the nos, never mind with it, good luck in smashing some decent times in, i remember the days when 14/15's where quick lol

I know the guy at the track who can refill your nos bottle tony!

So who's considering this then?

Shal we do the whole list thing?

1. Lewis
2. D2HTY

This is next weekend guys....

If you're interested in coming pm me and we'll sort out a
meeting point so we can all go in together!

big boost cup
This is next weekend guys....

If you're interested in coming pm me and we'll sort out a
meeting point so we can all go in together!

I will be staying in a hotel saturday night and the car will be on a trailer. any nice cheap safe hotels near that you know of

Hey guys, me and my mate are looking at coming at around midday, not gona race the 1.2 though wouldn't want to show you up :p, would be nice to meet some of ya though, any idea what the parking like round there?

Hey guys, me and my mate are looking at coming at around midday, not gona race the 1.2 though wouldn't want to show you up :p, would be nice to meet some of ya though, any idea what the parking like round there?

parking will not be an issue in the slightest mate.... its a massive venue with parking galore!!!

be good to see you there!

i dont know if anyone planning on going to this has seen the weather for sunday?

well as it stands it looks like a wash out!

im going to check the weather again tomorrow and decide whether to go or not tomorrow....it's going to be pointless driving all the way there if its going to piss down all day! :(

those who are going and wish to talk to me pm me your number and ill call you later on once i have finished work.

Lewis.

Just called in to this And spoke to the marshals and it's completely called off

i was going to pm you about this and say exactly the same.

my mum and her other half are traders there and i got a phone call at about 11 to say they've cancelled the meet due to the rain.

i'll find out when the next RWYB day is and let you know later on this evening.

major shitter :(