ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 rear brakes

Its for my mate, he has a 1.4 and his rear o/s brake lining has fused to the drum, its gonna cost £400 to bo done by reno, as they mailto:f@@ked">f@@ked the bearing taking it off aswell!

Have heard rumours that this is a known problem by reno, and there is a mod out, is there any truth in this? trying to find out before he coughs up.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there was a mod on the megane rear brakes for this problem but thats it.all other models the mod isnt applicable.dont think your going to get renault to pay for anything im afraid.

I was charged £390 to have mine replaced when it was in for its 36k service. They managed to destroy the brake shoes and wheel bearings when they removed the drums.

I managed to get Renault to refund about £280 of the cost, but part of that was possibly because the dealer didnt bother to bleed one of the new brake cylinders they fitted and handed the car back to me with practically no brakes.

I dont know if it makes a difference to the drum removal, but on mine they hadnt bothered loosening the handbrake cable which the Haynes manual suggests you should do if the shoes are binding when trying to remove the drum.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

half the problem is that the drums wear and a lip is created which the brake shoes get stuck on when removing the drum.loosening the handbrake cable only helps if the cables have been previously over tightened.