ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4rt clio turbo

hi im in need for some help i would like to fit a turbo to my clio but i dont want a r5 conversion. i would like to just fit the turbo. i have thought about may be trying to take the turbo and inter cooler and modifying it . has any one got an idea of another vehicle with a turbo i could use with the same ratio compression. has this been tried before, if so, could you offer some advise or possibly some pictures???

thanks,Justin

Mate seriously it would be too much work and too expensive. If you really want a turbo then I think a transplant is the only viable option.

Believe me I wish it was a simple bolt on job affair. I pestered a company called Van Aaken for months because they were turbo charging a Twingo and said they might be able to do a clio. In the end they said no basically.

FRST and 106 GTi

I had that idea once. :)

Even got a Garret on sight and started taking measures for the exhaust manifold.

My SPI is crap, so I had to go carb.

Got a pistons catalogue for motorcycles, since uprated/forged whatever pistons for our engine is hard to find.

The CR MUST be lowered. Upgrated gasket and diferent pistons.

BenR warned me about something else... the bottom end. That would be too much force more than the bottom could handle.

At this point, I rested my case.

Went for a drive on a GTT and.. damn that engine on a clio would do miracles. :)

Yeah it really would be too much hassle. Like most things it is possible but nobody has/will do it because of the costs involved. It wouldnt be worth it.

thanks for the help sad to her i cant put a turbo on my clio :(

some day i will do it i gotta .

is there any fuel additive i could put in my petrol to gain more power ?

thank j.c

Justyboy, I have the same engine and have had my clio for about a year now. A lot of people will say dont bother modding the engine, just buy a 16v or williams. Now I have no doubt that if I drove a 16v or willy just once I would be amazed and would really want one. But its not an option for me, I am keeping my current car for a while to come so modifying it to make it faster is the only way!

There are a couple of people pushing out decent power figures from the RT engine, I think around 130bhp is the highest. Considering its a 1.4 8valve with single point injection that is a pretty impressive figure. Add a bit of NOS (Im a recent convert) and wahey a street-sleeping flying machine!

Dont be put off, if you want to do it then go for it.

The alternative of course is to leave the engine alone and create a really nice looking car. Just take a look at Juss car for an example of this.