ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5dci engine swap 100bhp 1.5 k9k from a megane/scenic

Has anyone tried to fit or know if the megane or scenic k9k 729, k9k 728 1.5dci 100bhp engines will go in a clio mk2?

Before anyone says why bother the 100bhp engines have uprated internals, I have a 182 for fun but cant beat 60+ MPG, cheap tax and insurance as a daily

clio dci , ren8
Yes they made one as standard with 100 bhp in a mk2 clio . It is the same engine but you would need the 100 bhp drive shafts .

Yes I know they made one as standard k9k 712, there just pricey and fairly rare, alot more so than the megane's. Is it physically the same though would it need engine mounts etc modding?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've never worked on one but my internet knowledge leads me to believe it will be the same engine but you need a different gear selector, master cylinder and as Matt says, driveshafts. Don't forget the body control module from the megane will differ from the clio so you'd need to sort that out.

Do you know what gearboxes they use? Depending on gearbox was thinking megane shafts and 4 stud hubs on clio struts. Id have to look at things like drop links, bolt spacing and wishbones. But maybe more reliable than welded shafts. Or do you think it would be simpler to use welded shafts. If it turns out they use a gearbox which is compatible with clio shafts, then id just do that. As for the electrics I was thinking to predominantly use the clio's loom etc and just using bits where needed off the megane I.e extending the loom in places, different connectors etc. Or am I missing something obvious like the clio ecu wont read and interpreter the megane sensors correctly?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the megane used 2 different engines afaik the 100 and the 106hp, the 100 is the same as the clio lump, the 106 is the same as the mk3 clio with the 6 speed box.

im not sure on bell housing pattern so not sure how easy it is to use a JC5 gearbox on a 100 engine, as that way you can use the more readily available driveshaft's and 172 wide track.

tbh im not convinced the 100 uses stronger internals and I would be more interested in just running the 100 turbo on an 80 to save yourself the hastle.

clio dci , ren8
Well the 100 internals are stronger & different , 80 box wont fit a 100 engine as the starter is to the front on a 100 & at the back on a 80 & there is no cut out at the back of a 100 block for it . As for them being hard to com by , well I have had 3 through my hands in the past 4 months , I have one now for £1200 if you don't mind 5 doors lol . your best bet if you are intent on converting a clio to 100 bhp is to find a spares car or source the bits from other cars like the gear leaver & hydraulic clutch from a 56 onwards kangoo . have fun

Martin_172 Ye from what I've read the 100's use stronger con rods & have a slightly different piston design due to fueling. From other info the scenic engine uses the same turbo aswell. The megane a slightly different one. The megange pyscially looks the same, is the same CC & has the same output as the Clio. Hence why I'm hoping it's would make a simpler conversion. I'm just looking at mk2's not conteplating the 106 engine.
Yes I know the 100 clios can be found but your talking £2k+ and most are on 100k miles plus. I can get a knackered Clio dci for £200-£300, then probably a running megane for £900. Clio 100 or better Intercooler I can source for £50. Probably will be various anchilliaries need swapping etc. If I could do it for £1500 all in I'd be happy. N might sound like effort but it would be a project to mess about with over just getting a 100

Simon_16v

ClioSport Club Member
the megane used 2 different engines afaik the 100 and the 106hp, the 100 is the same as the clio lump, the 106 is the same as the mk3 clio with the 6 speed box.

im not sure on bell housing pattern so not sure how easy it is to use a JC5 gearbox on a 100 engine, as that way you can use the more readily available driveshaft's and 172 wide track.

tbh im not convinced the 100 uses stronger internals and I would be more interested in just running the 100 turbo on an 80 to save yourself the hastle.

There is an 86bhp engine 1.5 dci too...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin_172 Ye from what I've read the 100's use stronger con rods & have a slightly different piston design due to fueling. From other info the scenic engine uses the same turbo aswell. The megane a slightly different one. The megange pyscially looks the same, is the same CC & has the same output as the Clio. Hence why I'm hoping it's would make a simpler conversion. I'm just looking at mk2's not conteplating the 106 engine.
Yes I know the 100 clios can be found but your talking £2k+ and most are on 100k miles plus. I can get a knackered Clio dci for £200-£300, then probably a running megane for £900. Clio 100 or better Intercooler I can source for £50. Probably will be various anchilliaries need swapping etc. If I could do it for £1500 all in I'd be happy. N might sound like effort but it would be a project to mess about with over just getting a 100

Im not sure i beleive the info about the stronger internals it came from edde a few years back but was no evidence to back it up!

clio dci , ren8
What is it you don't believe ?? try putting parts of a 100 in a 65 or 80 engine block then you will believe ,even the water pump is different in the blade size . As for £2000 for a mk 2 100bhp clio I wish lol just sold a 04 plate with 60,000 miles belts done, for £1350 lol,

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
What is it you don't believe ?? try putting parts of a 100 in a 65 or 80 engine block then you will believe ,even the water pump is different in the blade size . As for £2000 for a mk 2 100bhp clio I wish lol just sold a 04 plate with 60,000 miles belts done, for £1350 lol,

ive owned them all, im not convinced the 100 has uprated internals that's what I don't believe. as I said it was started when edde posted it one day but no idea where he got it from so it could for all we know be noncence.

a 20bhp gain to me is not enough to re engineer the internals of the engine.

clio dci , ren8
Well I have worked on both the 65 & 100 bhp engine & the internals are different You must also remember that Nissan run this engine at 120 bhp so there is a bit more gain than 20bhp lol