ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v cutting out

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm using the mrs car at the moment, first thing in the morning, it starts fine, then when i reverse and put the car back into first, it just cuts out. Does it every morning without fail!

It had a new coil pack about 2 months ago and is an 04 reg.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Clart said:
I'm using the mrs car at the moment, first thing in the morning, it starts fine, then when i reverse and put the car back into first, it just cuts out. Does it every morning without fail!

It had a new coil pack about 2 months ago and is an 04 reg.

Minres did/does this occasionally.. mostly when cold, or if it's been getting thrashed!
Idle control valve dirty?

Clio 182 Trophy
yeah im having exactly the same problem at the momonet ive also got a 1.6 and had all coils replaced. i got told that it could be the idle control valve so im gonna get it booked in to Rentech and get it sorted. had the proble since Jan its a real nightmare at junctions sometimes.:(

be interesting if anyone has any other ideas what it could be?

antony

BMW M135i
When I was looking for something in dialogys I noticed a technical note about water getting into the spark plug wells and causing similar symptoms, might be worth checking. Not sure what the solution was, would need to have a look.

Polo + Micra
mine used to cut out at random times (junctions, roundabouts etc)

then wouldn't start for 30 mins then start fine.

new ecu, uch, TDC sensor, and TB. cured the prob but they don't know how but thaty was always when warm