ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v - target = 200bhp

is this posible with out the aid of a turbo or supercharge?

i.e
induction kit, chip, camps, lightend fly wheel, pulleys, gas flowing, sports cat and exuast system, etc etc u get the idea

posible or not?

and just a quick question, could the standard 1.6 16v drive shafts take 200bhp? or would i need uprated ones?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

yes, its possible, but the cost would be very high... the revs would need to be near 9000 rpm mark to do this and the exhaust and head etc would need to be exceptional...

think of hyabusa engine..... not far off it there.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Komodo on 17 November 2003

is this posible with out the aid of a turbo or supercharge?
Yup... look at the Super 1600 Rally cars...

Cost would be immense though!

dependant on inlet valve area and i dont know the size of the 1.6.

But it is possible, BDAs, 4a-ges etc have been making 250bhp for years.

Your gonna need a shed load of cash for the steel components to take the rpm.

182 cup pack

Åven the 150 are difficult...

Right now Im producing 140 hp at 6112 and 17kg at 5100 rpm.

Im trying to find ways of increasing the horse power and it seems that it will be very difficult.

I have found a hand made induction manifold and schrick cams 256 degrees(now Im using 244 degrees)

With these and also with reprogrammed ecu I think that Ill touch the 150 probably 155 hp.Lightened pulleys I didnt find anywhere btw.

But again the cost is too much so I dont think that it worths the $...

If y want to touch 200 hp it only goes with TB cams that must be 300 degrees and of course than u forget the use of that car in town

No not at all, it bought it, but at the moment I can´t motivate myself doing something on my clio (it is stored some miles away from me so it takes also time to go there). And also there is still some optimization necessary at my Super5 (and driving so a lot of fun). So at the moment it looks like that I will not start before next year.

Something else: Do you still have the original injectors (with original fuel pressure) in your engine? I checked out that the F4P engine has different ones, maybe with higher flow rate.

regards

Oliver

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 18 November 2003

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.google.comwww.google.com
Tom is your sole purpose in life to state the obvious? Or are you trying to post as much as humanly possible?

Whatever your objective is the end result is fairly annoying - and dont say ignor it because the whole site is littered with your pointless ramblings

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thanks im glad you like my work.

i dont expect you to ignore me, i posted the link to help you out old chap.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by 16v - 2.0 on 18 November 2003

what is a "4a-ge" not heard of that one?
If Im not mistaken its toyotas 1600 20v VVT engine...in standard form they put out about 150-160hp

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Oh i see lets get personal shall we.

As amusing as this is i dont particually want to ruin this thread.

So pm me if you have any issues, or even start a post in off topic.

182 cup pack

Quote: Originally posted by Oliver-K4M on 18 November 2003

No not at all, it bought it, but at the moment I can´t motivate myself doing something on my clio (it is stored some miles away from me so it takes also time to go there). And also there is still some optimization necessary at my Super5 (and driving so a lot of fun). So at the moment it looks like that I will not start before next year.

Something else: Do you still have the original injectors (with original fuel pressure) in your engine? I checked out that the F4P engine has different ones, maybe with higher flow rate.

regards

Oliver
Yap Ive still got the original injectors...As far as I know u cannot change the fuel pressure cause its in the fuel tank.

Do u believe that could make some difference?I would be happy if they make the same difference as the spark plugs did...;)

Quote: Originally posted by GRC79 on 18 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Oliver-K4M on 18 November 2003

regards

Oliver
Yap Ive still got the original injectors...As far as I know u cannot change the fuel pressure cause its in the fuel tank.

Do u believe that could make some difference?I would be happy if they make the same difference as the spark plugs did...

Oh yes, you with your ClioB, you normally have the pressure regulator in the tank. My engine (Laguna-origin) has it still conventional at the fuel rail on the engine.

Regarding the injectors I only wanted to know if the flow rate of the K4M-injectors is still sufficient for that high power outputs, because you can´t expand the injection timing as much as you want, otherwise you will have continous injection....but with your powr output it seems to be O.K....

And I cant say if the flow rate is really different, I only checked the numbers (K4M / F4P) and they are different.

regards

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 18 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by 16v - 2.0 on 18 November 2003

what is a "4a-ge" not heard of that one?
If Im not mistaken its toyotas 1600 20v VVT engine...in standard form they put out about 150-160hp
That is the later 20V head with facotry fit ITBs based on the 7 rib 16V block. THe original engine is a 16V BDA copy and really rather good.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

we are about to build a 250 bhp 1.6 16v vtech engine for a customer.... LARGE bill but loads of fun....