ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v engine

Is it easy to change the engine on a valver??

Just looking at mine this morning.. oil pressures dropped and its on 110,000 miles.

might b an idea to re build a 1.8 16v lump in the garage and just swap them.

Quote: Originally posted by Southend 16v on 31 July 2005
Is it easy to change the engine on a valver?? Just looking at mine this morning.. oil pressures dropped and its on 110,000 miles. might b an idea to re build a 1.8 16v lump in the garage and just swap them.

Depends how good you are lol. There is literally no room to work.

Sudden oil pressure changes often indicate the pumps going to die soon Id be tpted to get £50 new engine and drop it all it.

When i first turn on in the mornings theres loads of pressure.. and when it gets warm its fine.. get stuck in traffic. different story.. sits at the bottom of the gauge. havent serviced it 4 a while.. dont know where the oil filted is.. lol.

Was thinking of getting another lump.. changing the oil pump and cam belt. clutch and dumpin it in.