ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v Running hot.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

My car used to run alittle cool and take ages to warm up so i replaced the thermostat and coolant temp switch with oe ones from reanult. it now warms up alot faster, but now seems to run to hot i.e very close to the 3rd bar up which is just before where the fan cuts in? what could be causing this?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

The new thermostat is causing this - nothing to worry about, better to run it at the correct temperature than too cool. Your old stat may have been open all of the time, hence it taking a long time to warm up....

Paul

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have they definatly supplied you with the right thermostat.where do other valver owners engine temps sit under normal running? anyone?

Willy2

so long as its not overheating, and the fan cuts in, i think its a good thing to run the car at about middle of the temp guage!

im pretty sure early williams/valvers ran the higher stats (87?) and the later ones ran lower (83?) My ealry 16v ran hot then i swapped the stat and ran much colder inline with the lower temp switch it had always had then put a williams engine (1995) in it and cooler, and then i bought my N reg proper williams has always ran coolish, wamrs up fine bet dosent really go above the first mark on the temp gauge unless stationary.

Anyone know when the ECU switch off the 5th injector/cold start/rich running or what ever it does and run as normal? Is it done by the oil or water temp? i want to be confident mines running properly when warm as the fuel eceonomy isnt quite as good as i rmeber my williams engined valer to be.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the fifth injector control is controlled by coolant temp.i think it only operates under pretty cold conditions anyway.

The stat from renault was marked at 89 degrees, and the one i took out was the same just a bit worse for wear.

Mine did the same when I changed the temp sensor. Used to run at about a 1/4 on the temp gauge but now runs just below half with new sensor fitted. Really nothing to worry about so long as your fan kicks in .

nope standard from renault, i think the 82 is the low temp one same as the 1.9 deisel?