ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 former keepers on a 182!?

clio 182 sport
The issue I see with multiple owners is none of them generally giving a f*** about the long term health prospects of the car.

Taking the 50k mile example with 1 versus 10 owners...would people not see more value in the one owner model? The owner who's likely driven it with a degree of sympathy as they know if they don't, a big bill could be on the horizon in the future.

Whereas the 10 owners would probably just rag it everywhere as what does it matter if the clutch never sees 60k, they'll be shot of it in six months time.

Im the 2nd previous owner on my clio and im not too fussy on previous owners but 10 is alot ..... i wouldnt touch it. for these reasons ^^^^

Clio 182 *FF
I never touched that car in the end, didn't want to risk it considering how many other 182' ff's there are out there. And I'm now the proud owner of one as of last week :) got it at a bargain price aswel, a few little superficial problems but it's mechanically sound. My Clio journey has begun! Do I smile or do I cry ?

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I never touched that car in the end, didn't want to risk it considering how many other 182' ff's there are out there. And I'm now the proud owner of one as of last week :) got it at a bargain price aswel, a few little superficial problems but it's mechanically sound. My Clio journey has begun! Do I smile or do I cry ?

cry....with happiness.

Clio 182 *FF
Thanks for all the information aswel much appreciated, probably wouldn't have got a Clio without knowing theres cliosport.net to answer all... And I mean all of my questions . So helpful !

Clio 182 *FF
I full valeted it the other day didn't realise the previous owner had left the rubber cap of my light unit! It all condensated and the Zenon stopped working! Not to worry though my mate sold me a unit with broken brackets, just going to use the ballast off that and replace it with the waterlogged one of my own haha, I'd only had the car about 3 days aswel

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I genuinely do not know, or care, how many owners my Ph1 has had. I got the logbook and put it in the folder, havent seen it since

2002 172
I'm the 14th owner of my 02 172 (it was a cheap one) and apart from a jazzed driveshaft and rarely dephaser it's lovely. Think it needs a lambda as well. I've never looked how many previous owners a cars had, it's the drive of the car that tells the story.

Clio 172
Im the 8th owner of my ph2 172 02 plate 75000 miles on clock and in last 4 years it has done 20000 miles and had 5 owners as a result of what i found out to be a faulty lambda sensor as the car was misfiring and stuttering everywhere i came to the conclusion each owner has tried something different or nothing at all which is bemusing to me as i picked up the info on here about the fact it was the sensor but hey ho i won a watch its mint and car now runs amazing never been happier:) so even if there could be a small complication trust me its worth it to fix it or as others have said it could be a economic factor with fuel etc i'd take the chance.

Clio 182
Hi all, i'm new to the Clio forum and was hoping i could get a question answered, or more some decent advice given from cliosport owners!

I'm looking to buy a decent 182 cup, have never had one before, mates have had them and they've always interested me to point i want to try one myself, I've been looking for quite a while to try and find the perfect one, and just now one has come up, all the box's seem to be ticked for me, all that could be ticked over the phone, i plan to view it tomorrow.

However I've done a background check its had 10 REGISTERED KEEPERS, and i cant help but be a little skeptical. The last keeper change was November 2010, which is re-assuring... or is it? that says to me theres no problems with it as surely the previous keeper would have got rid of it? hmm. the car is an 04 plate black 182 *BX04 COH* its done 65 000 miles the cam belts were done last year, and to be honest it looks like a neat car to me and having spoke to the dealer seems all in check although who believes a word that comes out a dealers mouth when your potentially parting with your hard earned cash- my opinion.

I'm just looking for some advice, maybe past experiences of lots of former keepers, because 10 seems like an awful lot to me!
here is the link to the ad
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...keywords/182/postcode/b946pf/page/6?logcode=p
any well educated replies would be much appreciated, Thanks, Josh

I know this was posted ages ago, but I just bought bx04 coh (searched for it on the forum) im the 12th owner ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good to hear
Welcome to the club anyway
you'll find plenty of help on here if you need it :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It could have been an ex-hire car...so even though on the logbook there was only 1 owner, who knows who's done what in the car's lifetime. So 1 owner might not necessarily have been better treated than a 7+ owner car!

Clio 182
Its a clio sport... there is a higher chance it has been ragged with its previous owners anyway... cheap and fun, and although im the 12 th owner, it has passed its mot 3 years in a row without any advisories, which I think is pretty good for a 14 year old car haha

Clio 1.2
I bought a car with 8 previous owners and there was nothing wrong with the car. Every car breaks its just the risk you wanna take?

I dont see a problem with how many owners, the car is going to be ragged, thats a given. all i checked with mine is service etc. only saw how many previous owners when i was bored one day sorting out my documents. i know someone who returned a car because the logbook said 3 owners on a 2 year old car.

R14 CUP
Mines had about 10, but 2 people on the log books history have owned it twice, me included.

It swapped hands 3 times between me owning it also, (albeit one person owning it for about a week)