ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

128GB iPad

Clio 172 cup
Price takes the pi55 tbh

Apples greed will one day be its downfall.

If they cant start using micro sd slots then fu@k em!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
The day before RIM release/unveil BB10 and new handsets...
don't think this has anything to do with it, not really competing products?

its more to do with the impending release of the microsoft surface pro tablets which will run up to 128gb drives, so its to match them.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
don't think this has anything to do with it, not really competing products?

its more to do with the impending release of the microsoft surface pro tablets which will run up to 128gb drives, so its to match them.

Doesn't really add up though, they'd need to make it a more powerful device rather than just give it more storage.

Rav4
I think with streaming services such as netflix/lovefilm and having such tools as XBMC/Plex (specially plex where you can sync your movies onto the device instead of streaming), we will require less local storage for such items as the iPad.

Yes, some people use the iPad as a complete laptop replacement, but for a lot of people this is not a feasible option, it's an addition to their laptop and probably used more frequently, but not for all tasks.

The price for the 128gb is rather high and I don't think on average, many people in the market will need such capacity. 32GB seems to be the average at the moment but saying that it's the middle model of what is currently available, so that will go up to 32gb.

It'll be interesting how the market takes to the new release and whether there be some kind of link between the new iPad and the new Apple TV that will be released (whether it's a box like the current model, or an Actual T TV [unlikely at the moment])

Thanks,

G.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I certainly don't think a 128gb iPad is a bad idea, people now rely on their tablet as a laptop so it makes sense.

The only thing is that they are now just reacting to the market not leading it. The new Surface is due to have 128gb so Apple are merely responding to that.

£739 puts it dangerously close to top end laptops, including the Macbooks.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well I certainly don't think a 128gb iPad is a bad idea, people now rely on their tablet as a laptop so it makes sense.

The only thing is that they are now just reacting to the market not leading it. The new Surface is due to have 128gb so Apple are merely responding to that.

£739 puts it dangerously close to top end laptops, including the Macbooks.

Thats the 3G price though! Wifi model is more realistic.

I will buy a 128gb when the next model comes out, I'm always filling up whatever I have, I use it a lot for plane journeys and working away so load it full of TV and with TV shows taking up a gig it fills up quickly with all the other stuff on it.

133/225/CLS AMG
Aah ok, what's the wi-fi only, £699?

I usually tend to go for the highest capacity models as well. I'm just very put off by the fact that the rate Apple are going, you go and shell out for the new iPad and there's another a few months later. I know technology moves on but this last 12 months Apple have stitched it's customers a little bit in that department.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's actually surprisingly good as I think my 64gb iPad 3 was nearing £600 although don't quote me on that as I got it as a birthday present.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Exactly, normally doubling the storage nearly doubles the price, so I think it's rather reasonable (for apple pricing that is...).

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
15063154-no-fishing-sign.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
People will one day realise what stupid prices they pay for Apple devices. Until that day I will just laugh at all the sheep who keep on buying them
Well done you, apple owners are always complaining about how s**t their devices are, and how miserable they make their lives.

The majority of people who have issues with windows is down to user error. Can't state how much I see this first hand at work.

So surface pro or ipad. i5 or arm? do I need to say more?

That post was not aimed at anyone here, but Apple stuff is so overpriced for what you get.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good residuals though. So is the actual cost of ownership much more? Assuming you sold the products after upgrading.

AK

M240i
The majority of people who have issues with windows is down to user error. Can't state how much I see this first hand at work.

That post was not aimed at anyone here, but Apple stuff is so overpriced for what you get.

Yawn.

Clio 1.2 16V

I like build quality and an operating system thats actually nice to use...

Sounds good, my 16gb iPad is pretty much full all the time :(.

That's one huge bloated os install for a tablet!

It's a full Windows desktop install (20gb), plus recovery partition and built in stuff. You can remove the partition if you set up a separate bootable USB drive.

The useable space vs advertised space has never been a major issue before (iOS is pretty lean, and on a desktop 40gb is nothing these days), but I'm guessing buyers of the 64gb Surface Pro might kick up a stink about this.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Surface Pro 128gb has 83gb of useable storage, 64gb has 23gb available. Ouch.

not a fair comparison. Put an ipad next to a Surface RT and it's like for like (and yes the RT is shite before someone tries to be clever)
I want a Surface Pro for being a full desktop windows install. I want it for things an ARM processor based device cannot do

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm considering the Surfave Pro to Dan.

My old faithful Motion Tablet running XP is getting a bit long in the tooth and Pico doesn't boot fast enough some days.