ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12K Service on CUP

Just had thje service done (£125!!!) they refused to lety me keep my grp N filter in so they fitted the rubbish standard filter just for me to take it back out again - something to do with keeping warraty intact! Anyway, got car back and noticed the brakes are seriously dodgy sounding now - every time you brake especially with the car stationary there is a loud knock like something is hitting of the rear axle!!?? Also they said the centre section of the exhaust would need to be fixed to stop the 4K rattle! Still got another knocking at the rear when taking of in the mornings from standstill???

Problems galore!

Renault Laguna Coupe

You need to improve your relationship with your dealer. When mine went in for its 12k service I told em "dont change the airfilter cos Ive got an aftermarket one". So they didnt. Just a waste of time and money.

since mine has had a different filter in I have asked them not to change it and they havent - and they havent charged me for it either - and mine has had 12k, 24k and 36k services!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Exactly. One of the reasons for fitting an aftermarket filter is that you can re-use it again and again after cleaning it. Saves money in the long run.

Don;t know about the filter thing, but dont bother with replacing the center section of your exhaust, as they have to cut the exhaust to replace it.

I had mine replace only for the 4k rattle to appear agian after 2 weeks. 4-5000 mile later, no more rattle. It seems the exhausts baffles take about that sort of mileage to bed in. Wished I never taken it in as Ive probably got weld marks/sealant in the exhaust interior of the join which may affect the gas flow.

Well then thats a good excuse to get a Magnex cat back exhaust.;).

Well I can only speak from personal experience, so if after 5k miles, then get it replaced or get an aftermarket one I suppose.

Renault Muppets - got the car back and theyve told me that the valve for the brake limiter (because of no ABS the cups have this - dont know what it is) but anyway its fallen of somewhere and they clearly havent even known this until I pointed it out! So thats what the knocking is and the rear struts are starting to leak!!!!!! GGGGRrrrrrrrrrr ................whats all that about...............tw*ts.............4K rattle not fixed either.................no more renaults for me, u wouldnt get that service at BMW! I want a refund fior negligance.............any suggestions?

Oh and apparently there is 2K miles of rear brake pads left ?????? after 12000 miles ..............surely this cant be? Time for a trade in to Type R or scooby territory me thinks!

Bad luck RSTDL, thats a lot of problems.

If your car is less that one year old then the exhaust is covered by warrenty. I got the rattle at 13 months old...waiting for a magnex at the mo....

You either had alread worn brake pads or you are heavy on them...mine are onl 10% worn at the back at the 12k service :eek:

The price you paid was cheap for the service, cost me £173!!