ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

13cm or 17cm front components in doors

172 Mk2 Ph1

As the title says, I understand that all 13cm front component speakers will fit in the front doors, but I would really like some 17cm speakers in there, will they fit easily or does it involve alot of work. Also is it easy to fit the Alpine Ipod adapter and alpine head unit myself?

Any direction to a how to would be great.

Clio 172mk2

ud have to built pods onto yer doors sticking out and agled upwards , seen em made outa mdf then either covered alcanter etc, or done with fibre glass then sanded and paited. not exactly easy job but looks good

as for ipod adapter should just plug into head unit , on my pioneer one plugs into it then connect 2 power cables

172 Mk2 Ph1

Not keen to mess around with pods etc, guess ill have to stick with the 13cm/5 1/4" speakers for now... The phase Linear Audiophile 15s look nice, expensive but nice for front components.

Nike Lunar Elite's

You dont need pods, you need ot check the depth of the speakers you are looking at, but Ive got a set of DLS MS6s (which have huge magnets) in my doors and they simply need a set of mdf spacers.

172 Mk2 Ph1

Do you know what the max depth would be, that would fit? What do you mean by mdf spacers, any pics?