ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" BBS RG-F's will they fit a 172?

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
I can possibly get a set for cheap as they need refinishing.
15 x 6.5 ET40
I will need to get the ceter bore made larger but that is no problem.

Unfortunately they are a 4-5hr drive away so I cannot test fit them :-S

Any one know if they will clear the calipers?
79580953_full.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
LOL

Just seen that. Perhaps.

I'd also imagine they're off something similiar like an MX or a Honda of some sort. They have 4x100 PCD fitment same as the Clio but a different bore.. As far as I know that's the only problem for you, the offset is roughly the same too.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
LOL

Just seen that. Perhaps.

I'd also imagine they're off something similiar like an MX or a Honda of some sort. They have 4x100 PCD fitment same as the Clio but a different bore.. As far as I know that's the only problem for you, the offset is roughly the same too.

Off a mk2 golf

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Worth the risk IMO.

Don't you have cheap couriers over there to save on the drive?

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Yeah would prob cost equiv of 20 pounds to get them shipped - but I'd probably rather spend the extra on gas and have a blast of a drive :D

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
They are 4x100 - wouldn't be looking otherwise.

I know I have to bore them out - it was in my OT.

Just unsure if they will clear the brake calipers. I have 15's on at the moment (NZ did not get 16" till the 182) that are 48.8 offset so these will give me a slightly wider track which is what I'm after. But the calipers don't have much room around them.

4.5 ish kg's a wheel for the RG-fs so should be good for some track wheels. Not so sure the design would suit the car for daily use (look wise).

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Why can people not read on this forum?!
He said in the first post he knew about machining them!

Should look good mate, get some pics up once they are on, getting them resprayed in a different colour or just leaving as they are? What colour is your car?

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
LOL read my mind Pepsi.

My car is iceburg, and they are actually ET38 not 40. So it is the exact offset I want - too bad they aren't 7" though

The guy selling them tried to polish off the red on one of the wheels (not pictured) so it really has devalued them as they need work right off - fine by me as I would repaint them anyways. Most likely dark graphite or maybe even matt black.

All depends on if I can get them at a decent price or if someone else spots them for what they are.

I guess if they don't fit around the calipers I can always on sell them after I tidy them up!