ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" race wheels - offset (non cup)

Hello all. I have a 182 (non cup and non cup suspension). I am going to purchase some 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 for track use.

My question is regarding offset. They seem to come in 15, 23, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45. Ideally I;d like the wheel to sit a little wider (further out) than standard, but not to the extent of it being an incorrect fit, or stressing any mechanical component.

Any input from those who *know* would be greatly appreciated.

Clio 182
I'm after exactly same info for mine,
15x7j et35 was what demon tweeks advised me to get but I'll wait to see what others say.

Where you planning on ordering them from? Cheapest I found was ebay £425 posted.

Answer seems fairly simple. With a 7 inch wide rim, on a 15 inch wheel, an offset of 35 is nice and wide, but will not scrub the arch with a 195 tyre fitted.

So:
7x15
4x100
Offset 35
Bore 60.1 (spigots if the wheel bore is larger than 60.1).

Clio 182
Seems to be same answers I'm getting, where you ording yours from? I got Demon tweeks down to £770 posted with four ad08r 195/50/15 fitted and balanced including wheel bolts. I wanted r888 but don't think I'd get enough heat into them on the road to benefit them

I purchased some from eBay this weekend. £410 with brand spanking new Michelin Pilot Sport 3's fitted, which I have sold to a friend for £140. The wheels are brand new and have never been fitted to a car. So, in effect, I've paid £270 for them. Result! They have the corect size spigots on themt too.

Demon Tweeks seems best at the moment....

Toyo 888 is a more track day focused tyre. Awesome dry but with standing water it's not ideal. The AD08R is more the all rounder.

A better comparison would be the 888 vs the A048 (whcih has been done to death). The latter seems to be preferred (but only slightly) but the former is a fair chunk cheaper.

A good option seems to be the Federal RS-R. Well worth a look.

I'll have road wheels with any old tyre on, and track wheels (15's) with sticky rubber). No compromises.

Clio 182
Post a pic up when they are on!
Not worried about the wet as I take it easy if I get caught in it and take the van if weather looks s**t.
Just worried I won't get the heat into them on the road making the ad08r "better" on the road and I'll have to loose out on track.