ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" wheels are the future

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive said it years ago and ive just driven my 172 with 15" wheels for the first time, and oh my god no wonder the mk1 172 is the most fun! so much more feedback from them you can really feel yourself getting to the limit, slightly less grip but thats expected with the width you can really throw it about. torque steer has basically gone too!!

anyone fancy a swap for some mk2 172 wheels?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414594

Ph2 172 Cup
Oh, don't say that... After an eBay deal gone wrong (centre bore too small) I'd just convinced myself that I didn't want 15"s (for the track) and that I'd just stick new rubber on my Turinis.

Now I want 15s again and I'm sorely tempted by some cheap Ripspeed alloys from Halfords of all places! (I'd change the tyres!)

Evora, C-HR & A180
ive said it years ago and ive just driven my 172 with 15" wheels for the first time, and oh my god no wonder the mk1 172 is the most fun! so much more feedback from them you can really feel yourself getting to the limit, slightly less grip but thats expected with the width you can really throw it about. torque steer has basically gone too!!

anyone fancy a swap for some mk2 172 wheels?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414594

i have 15" with 195/45s on my 182 and i totally agree :cool:

arctic 182 ff
cillit13.jpg

im with you on that one !! tyres are cheaper too.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Yeah they look spot on when the coilies have been put on!
Wouldn't put it on a non lowered clio though.

172 GTR
I'm thinking about going down to some 15" ultra leggeras from standard wheels. Am I doing the right thing?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
15's FTW...... Set of 15's and Coilies and it just makes the car look so much more Motorsport based IMO

ZX6R B1H
i went from a set of rota circuit 8's 16" to a set of williams speedlines and my god, 16" wheels can GTF. It feels soooo much better, just needs lowering now pmsl.

It may have something to do with the tyres as well as they 15's are rolling on pe2's