ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15mm rear axle spacer

182 BG
Hi All
Had some 205/45 tyres fitted today and noticed my rear it's arching/scrubbing when going over uneven ground. I have 16" ET40 Turini's with 15mm axle spacers if I swap them for 10mm axle spacers will I still have the arching/scrubbing?

I used to run 195/45 tyre so never had an issue.

Thanks

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You got a pic, I run et38 wheels with h&r springs, 205 tyres on 16's and have no issues. That's with and without the spacers

182 BG
You got a pic, I run et38 wheels with h&r springs, 205 tyres on 16's and have no issues. That's with and without the spacers

I don't sorry im away from the car for a couple of days now! Do the H&R springs lower the rear the same as the Sportlines? I'm not sure if i should run 10mm or 5mm on the rear now as the front is 20mm don't want to look odd :-/

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say more so but not as much as cooksports. I'm suprised this is happening unless on track duty. Shocks ok?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
15521C40-E155-41A0-9874-9194AABA0480_zpsmeqz4y0i.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I ran both front and rear spacers and now don't. Car handles the best it ever has.

I have ET38.5 Turinis, with 10mm Axle spacers and I'm Cooksport Springs and have no issues

Even when I had a boot load of stuff and it was this height I still didn't have any rubbing amazingly lol, but I wasn't exactly pushing on
image.jpeg

Admittedly I'm on 195's rather than 205's

182 BG
I have ET38.5 Turinis, with 10mm Axle spacers and I'm Cooksport Springs and have no issues

Even when I had a boot load of stuff and it was this height I still didn't have any rubbing amazingly lol, but I wasn't exactly pushing on
View attachment 163900

Admittedly I'm on 195's rather than 205's

Thanks mate iv sorted it now didn't have the time to stick the 10mm spacers in and find out it was still arching so just went with the 5mm haha